My weekend home

Started by DocCharly65, May 07, 2015, 12:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Will you act as a Hitchcockian newsreader, appearing in your own film, or do you have some other really nice newsreader in your house?

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on November 24, 2016, 10:08:55 AM
Will you act as a Hitchcockian newsreader, appearing in your own film, or do you have some other really nice newsreader in your house?

You bring me to another idea!

UNFORTUNATELY  you - yes personally you, Ulco, are fault that I WILL be in the news  ;D ;D ;D

But only for seconds. I found two very pretty young women, who will do the newsreader job. And the TV will zapp through different countries with the same disturbing news  ;)

bobbystahr

This is gonna be an awesome and very much fun animation to watch...hope I live long enough to see it, heh heh heh. Love the newsreades idea and a Nils cameo...apropos for sure.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Quote from: bobbystahr on November 24, 2016, 10:56:24 AM
This is gonna be an awesome and very much fun animation to watch...hope I live long enough to see it, heh heh heh. Love the newsreades idea and a Nils cameo...apropos for sure.

hope I live long enough to finish the movie, heh heh heh...  ;D

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on November 24, 2016, 07:55:17 AM
b.)
I also thought about getting the permission of some TG artists like you, Kadri - or Hannes, to show some seconds of your work. Of Course with adaequat credits in the end title.

No problem for me Nils but yes Ulco's idea is good :)

Dune

I hope I live long enough to have stopped laughing after seeing it  :P

archonforest

Maybe some of us can pith in with some rendering time so you finish it faster?
I personally got 2 cold Xeon in my room doin nothin hehe...(it is good for the electricity bill since the box got a 950w psu)  :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on November 24, 2016, 07:55:17 AM
I also thought about getting the permission of some TG artists like you, Kadri - or Hannes, to show some seconds of your work. Of Course with adaequat credits in the end title.

Whatever you want to do, do it. You have my permission.

DocCharly65

Quote from: archonforest on November 24, 2016, 11:51:40 AM
Maybe some of us can pith in with some rendering time so you finish it faster?
I personally got 2 cold Xeon in my room doin nothin hehe...(it is good for the electricity bill since the box got a 950w psu)  :D

That's a very nice offer! Thanks a lot.  :)
But at the moment I have reached another limit: The limit in my brain, how many scenes I can develop and control at the same time.

On the other side my problem at the moment is not the time and CPU power - it's that when I'm watching a render process I too often find new mistakes or have ideas for improvements or changes.

But thanks again :) !
Also thanks to Hannes & Kadri - I think there will be zapped into some seconds of your work too.
Additionally I have the option now for 3 nice female "Newsreaders" (an original Taiwanese one - I hope it's true that she want's to take part - I would love it, because I don't know any action hero or disaster movie without an asian newsreader).

Since I changed to TG4 I have possibilities, I only dreamed about before:

This render I gave up after 100 frames in TG3 last year because of extreme rendertimes of up to 2.5 h per frame.
Now I could reduce it to less than 45 min (on my slowest i7) though many reflective parts. And I could improve the look a bit :)

Frame 262 (already  ;) )
[attach=1]