Rocks, sand, dirt

Started by Martin, December 04, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 10, 2016, 11:05:49 PM
Quote from: Martin on December 10, 2016, 10:56:01 PM
Well, the new texture is ready. I used those famous Chinese mountains as reference. Also it seems Christmas has arrived in terragen haha

these are IMHO, your best yet. I know of those mountains and they're a great source of inspiration for sure.

Oh thanks! But I only made these mountains to have something to render on my rendering pc while I'm working on my laptop.I'm rendering 4 pictures at once now, 2 of them will be really pretty as far as I can see now :)

luvsmuzik

I don't know what kind of horse you are rendering these on doing four at once, but amazing results. Terrain is awesome and clouds are almost stealing the show in these!!

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 11, 2016, 08:30:39 AM
I don't know what kind of horse you are rendering these on doing four at once, but amazing results. Terrain is awesome and clouds are almost stealing the show in these!!

Yeah, to be honest I still can't get enough of the TG4 clouds,they're absolutely perfect!

Martin

Update:
Snowy crystal-world, tropical land, rainy sea, desert.
Sadly the crystal world render froze during rendering(after 4 hours) , so no proper AO and bloom on it:S

Martin

last bunch. I will spend the Christrmas at home so I won't be able to experiment for a while. Thanks for the tips you've all gave me in this thread!:)

AP

The last few are very neat as well.

Martin

I'm back from my holiday- I had my laptop with me while I was away, so I could make some new shaders, but I had no computing power to make actual renders.
I tried to make new textures based on Iceland's volcanic landscapes. So darker, sometimes colourful basalt rocks , grey sandy parts, some snow, and mossy islands,  greenish volcanic lakes and some magma.
(Still rendering the latest one with the magma lake)
I will ad some ground fog and better snow, and experiment with the lighting. There's a few layers of fakestones, but no displacement on them yet.

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 29, 2016, 09:02:21 AM
Topnotch!

Thanks!^^

Apparently the raytracing preview doesn't show iridescent materials. So this last picture ended up a mess-the lava- illuminated clouds are nice though!

DocCharly65

Oh cool! Something absolutely different! I like it!

Martin

I'll work on this.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on December 29, 2016, 12:12:46 PM
I'll work on this.

volcanoes8jpg.jpg  has real potential....keep on tweaking...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice renders. The glowing image kind of looks like some long exposure night photo.

Martin

I was experimenting with the terragen erosion, but this particular landscape was made in world machine(a 3x3 km height map)
I used the wear map for the lava mask at first- didn't really work
. Got these glowing mountains. So I made a terragen lava map, new texture, illumination map etc. sadly you cant really see the details, because all the little rocks etc(I used favour depressions)
Also, magma bokeh! :)

DocCharly65

Wow! Especially 10 and 12 are working in my eyes! Cool!