Another shrub tested

Started by Dune, March 02, 2017, 02:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Seabuckthorn. The 2 dots in the centre tree are from an opacity map without alpha, while alpha was checked.

archonforest

Ahhh another test to learn something out of it. I really like how you place the veggies. They all seem very natural.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

No reflective shader anywhere?

Neato shrub and great sand!

Hannes

Indeed very natural. Great plants.

DocCharly65

Very naturally placed plants! And I like the sand. Nice picture!

fleetwood

Quite convincing. Lots of that type country around here along our lake shores.

Dune

Thanks all. Here's another one, especially made for XFrog, so all XFrog groundcover, trees and shrub. Good stuff actually, though I tend to use my own ST veggies.
I might call this 'Pontine Marshes'.

DocCharly65

Can only stare at it with my mouth open!  :)

A very natural look and a composition I especially like - can't say why but it's impressing me very much.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Thanks, guys. It was very easy actually and only took 1 hour to render. Started out with a basic low terrain, added a warped simple shape to lower some ground, and a plane for the lake, some simple ground colors and displacement, made a distribution shader for min altitude, and some PF's for distribution of plants, and just started importing different sorts of XFrog stuff. One local v3 cloud of 2m thick just above ground for some mist. Soft shadows and a depth pass for the blur (PS). That works very easy; just copy the depth pass into an alpha layer and do lens blur, choosing the alpha layer as its mask. If it's not good enough; CTRL-Z, and adjust the alpha layer, then blur again, still no good, CTRL+Z, and adjust alpha again, repeat blur, etc.

Hannes

Awesome, Ulco!!! This makes me feel like I'm in the scene. I can almost smell the air.
One thing: I noticed that TG is much faster, when you're using a V2 cloud layer instead of a V3 layer for mist. I don't think the advantages of V3 clouds would show up here.

Dune

You're right Hannes, slipped my mind. Well, it was pretty fast anyway. Such a simple setup doesn't need any compute, just a compute normal for some angled veggies, but that's just used for populating, not rendering.

ADE

I did the same model myself just a few months ago....

those berries are very nutricious

ADE

lose those trees on the hillside and this will pass for ultimate reality!!!

here is my sea Bthorn model...