Based on Dunes road setup

Started by DocCharly65, May 09, 2017, 01:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I don't see anything floating or other unpleasant surprises. In fact it all looks terrific (I am not nitpicking about the roof). Nice pine tree, btw. Which one is that?

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on June 26, 2017, 02:40:36 AM
I don't see anything floating or other unpleasant surprises. In fact it all looks terrific (I am not nitpicking about the roof). Nice pine tree, btw. Which one is that?

Thank you Ulco... ;D I was nitpicking myself - and did not upload one picture I was unsatified with... It was something with the red Renault - but no problem with cam in motion.

The little forest is completely XFrog (as usually most of my renders)
CL13_Pinus_muricata_Bishop_Pine
CL16_Pinus_strobus_Eastern_White_Pine
EU32_Picea_abies_Norway_Spruce

Biologically not perfectly correct... but hey... I raised the trees as if they were my own children.. kind of international group ;)

Dune

Thanks, Nils. Nobody will notice any biological incorrectnesses  ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 24, 2017, 08:42:48 AM
Was just playing around with the witch...

[attachurl=1]

Best what I could do with my postwork experience was that flashing ball Ifounf on youtube...
Perhaps when I do the final cut I'll have to ask someone for help who has experience with speciall effects and postwork :)

Full marks here...well done
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Thanks, all of you :)

The more often I watch it, the more I like the flashing ball effect...
I think in the final version I'll play around with it and check if I can get it centered on the appearing witch more precisely...

... meanwhile on PixelPlow... ;)
I want another scene with the look of the abandoned gas station in the minutes before the witch appears.
To get a formerly busy and used look of that station I placed many more little details like 4 kinds of rubbish some pumptracks and some tire-stacks all over the station.

The last one is the last test from yesterday before I sent the renderjob to PixelPlow.
(only Detail 0.2 / AA 2 - and I reduced the starburst effect a bit befor I submitted)
The first two are already Pixelplow renders from the night.

[attach=1]   [attach=2]

[attach=3]

DocCharly65

On FB I already posted a next step ;)
Time to get on actual state here too:

I was once again shopping ... An Austin Mini, a rope, An armchair ... Had a strange idea ... again...
Fortunately I could find out that the starnge british man is obviously well known all over the world... :)
Thanks for the info Bobby :)

[attach=1]   [attach=2]   [attach=3]

I especially played a bit with the Austin model (Austin Mini Cooper S British low-poly 3D model by TiRex on CGTrader)
I had to lower the side windows for the ropes, exchange the wheels for a version where it's not visible that they are not spinning...
Of course finding the right colore and recoloring ...

One animation will look similar to this:
[attach=4]

A second scene will look like this:
[attach=5]   [attach=6]

I forgot to texturize the rope which Mr. Bean uses for steering strange that in the render there appear 3 ropes.
I already corrected it - good to do test renders sometimes :)

Dune

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

How the youngsters used to watch the auto races from the infield at the track.  :o

Oshyan

Hah, I love your imagination. I would never come up with this stuff.

The appearance of 3 ropes is probably due to motion blur.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on June 30, 2017, 08:37:44 PM
Hah, I love your imagination. I would never come up with this stuff.

The appearance of 3 ropes is probably due to motion blur.

- Oshyan

The middle rope is a shadow of the front, and I am making a Mr Bean assumption here, steering rope.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

In fact its the combination of motion blur AND no displacement AND no texture... since I added the texture and normal images the effect is gone.

But meanwhile I had to take an other (little) setback...
But actually, I am a bit frustrated ...  I just can't get a good Mr. Bean's face. That would have been great. But the facial modeller software requires pretty high-quality photo material as a template ... And Rowan Atkinson grimaces on almost every photo ... this will be at most a cartoon funny somehow but I don't want it in my film like this... 😒

I think as consolation pavement I expand my role and refine in my film ... "Dr. Charles Mutumi" - "DocCharly" - The smoking weird Doc in the shuttle chased by Tomas Magnum ... and I got my face also changed into a cool version... that's my african-east-asian twin...

[attach=1]   [attach=2]   [attach=3]

Besides: In real life I HAVE SOME MORE HAIR... but rendering selfmade hair in Terragen? - Better I leave Ulco doing complicated things like that ;)

Kadri

Organic modelling is hard(for me). May it be easy Nils :)

bobbystahr

The first of those 3 is damn close if you did that
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New