Some new WIP's

Started by Dune, December 02, 2017, 02:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 04, 2017, 07:00:51 AM
I think it's one of the reeds pack, not sure though. The purple one is Lythrum salicaria (Purple loosestrife). Yeah, I noticed the repetition, so I can always make a third version and mix more carefully.

EDIT: 2 recent versions

Like em both and thanks for the memory jog; I have the Purple Loosestrife from Walli, must remember to use it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

sboerner

Ordinary landscapes seem to be the toughest to pull off, but these do the job. Quite an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Dune

Nearly finished.

mhaze

Great use of veg. These are very convincing images, if I didn't know better I'd say they were photos!

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on December 08, 2017, 05:50:59 AM
Great use of veg. These are very convincing images, if I didn't know better I'd say they were photos!

Ditto with an added wow
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

Having people in the foreground helps my eye adjust to the scale. Nice work.

J_Con

Beautiful work.photographic.

Dune

Thanks guys. I wish I could find some more (low-poly for distance) people having a leisurely stroll or cycle ride. They'd fit well in these kind of landscapes. Browsed to find some, but the yield is extremely meagre.
The masks to get the ditches, stream, road, etc. in were quite fickle to paint. Pixelwork, so to speak, as I didn't want to make the layered working TIFF too large. It's already at nearly one gig of data.

Cocateho

I love how your renders are so often seemingly simply, very ordinary every day scenes, yet when you keep looking you realize how many minute details are there that really make it come to life. It's your attention to detail that sets you apart, Dune, awesome work as always!

Kadri

Quote from: Cocateho on December 15, 2017, 12:40:47 PM
I love how your renders are so often seemingly simply, very ordinary every day scenes, yet when you keep looking you realize how many minute details are there that really make it come to life. It's your attention to detail that sets you apart, Dune, awesome work as always!

Exactly!
Nice work Ulco.
As we talked earlier here, he doesn't have always already majestic ready landscape features like mountains in his images as his work needs quite some flatland images for work mostly.

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 09, 2017, 01:57:29 AM
Thanks guys. I wish I could find some more (low-poly for distance) people having a leisurely stroll or cycle ride. They'd fit well in these kind of landscapes. Browsed to find some, but the yield is extremely meagre.
The masks to get the ditches, stream, road, etc. in were quite fickle to paint. Pixelwork, so to speak, as I didn't want to make the layered working TIFF too large. It's already at nearly one gig of data.

Have you checked this page out...a couple of bike riders amongst other folk. I had some luck with the bikers in the past. But check your email first

https://www.archibaseplanet.com/gdl?category=27&page=73
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Artice-3d

Yes it's looks ans feels like my country -RUSSIA  ;) :)   Good work, nature is really good !!