Jo Kariboo (wip's)

Started by Jo Kariboo, February 05, 2018, 10:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Hard to make decision, what? I'd go for the first one (29) although the other image looks cool as well.

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Hannes on March 14, 2018, 05:46:57 AM
Hard to make decision, what? I'd go for the first one (29) although the other image looks cool as well.

Thanks Hannes for the suggestion, I joked because I do not know what the judges would like to see or not. It would help me not to take an image that would simply be excluded from the start.

Jo Kariboo

A first experience on my part of a glowing beach.
Shrub and herbs: SILVA 3D
trees: XFROG
starry sky: moodflow

Hannes

Beutiful. And very unique.

bobbystahr

Wow, great water sparkles and the scene continues to acquire awesomeness!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

That's very nice. I really like the concept and lighting, but I'm not so sure about the sparkles. Can you make that more subtle and like it's in the water? They seem to float somehow.

mhaze

Beautiful. I love the camera angles and focal length.

Jo Kariboo

Thanks you Bobby, Hannes and mhaze!

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Dune on March 17, 2018, 02:34:18 AM
That's very nice. I really like the concept and lighting, but I'm not so sure about the sparkles. Can you make that more subtle and like it's in the water? They seem to float somehow.

Thanks Dune. I will try to improve the effect of water. Currently everything is under water, it is perhaps due to transparency that gives us the impression of floating above the water. By eliminating perhaps the brightest it would be less apparent.

According to real photographs of this phenomenon one has the impression that these particles float on the water. Sincerly I never see this phenomen in real.

https://www.google.ca/search?client=firefox-b&dcr=0&biw=1900&bih=915&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=nAOtWrXKCcW0sQXZl5M4&q=glowing+beach&oq=glowing+beach&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i19k1l10.4977.6898.0.7382.5.4.0.1.1.0.95.341.4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.5.346...0j0i30k1.0.sCw9x4MbPfg#imgrc=f5aaqqWLI-RiUM:

Dune

I think it's nicer if it's softer, like this. Or it takes too much attention.

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Dune on March 17, 2018, 09:39:16 AM
I think it's nicer if it's softer, like this. Or it takes too much attention.

No it is another possibility that is excellent too, the problem is that I can not do this effect without post prod, I have not managed to make this effect of blur. Currently I do another rendering with more vegetation and a little fog just to see.

Hannes

Ulco, I'm not sure, but I guess your example shows a long exposure image. But maybe this might look cool as well. This could be done by adding a blueish self illuminated shader masked by a PF and maybe some painted shaders to the water.

Jo Kariboo

I added vegetations and I removed all the small luminous particles and modified a little the shore with light sources. I made a rendering with a little fog, but it's not terrible and above all it adds nothing.
Ok, I stop here before crunching the computer out the window.
See you soon.

AndyWelder

That last one is a real beauty!
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

bobbystahr

Agree with Andy, having the veg added gives it context as well...and I stopped mine for the same reason in addition to being happy with it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist