Bug in object planet (Terragen 4.3.18)

Started by bugs.and.other.beasts, December 03, 2018, 01:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugs.and.other.beasts

Once you move the created planet or resize it, you get 2 planets one in the old position and one in the new position, and you will have no control on the planet that shows in the original position. All this and you have created only one planet.
here is a video description of the bug:

https://youtu.be/w-7bFatd4Tg

Kadri

It is probably the very old bug when the atmosphere doesn't update into the new position.
Unplug and plug the atmosphere node in the planet node and it should be OK.

bugs.and.other.beasts

Tried it (unplug and replug atmosphere to planet 01) didn't work.

Kadri

Quote from: bugs.and.other.beasts on December 03, 2018, 01:35:31 PM
Tried it (unplug and replug atmosphere to planet 01) didn't work.

You have to go into the internal node network of the new planet node ("Planet 02" or whatever) and work on that atmosphere.
Double click on the plus sign at the right of the planet node or right click on the planet node and choose "Internal Network".

bugs.and.other.beasts

Yes, it does, I was just wondering if I need to do this every time. Why doesn't the atmosphere realise that the planet it's supposed to envelop has moved?

Kadri

Don't know why but i think it is at least a nearly 6-8 year old behaviour (bug).
I just don't think as a bug about it any more. Habit only of course.

Oshyan

This is a bug and I believe was fixed at one time (or a similar/related one was). I'll make sure we have a bug filed for it in our issue tracker.

- Oshyan

Matt

I've fixed this today. The fix will be in the next update.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

raymoh

Same issue here, but I think that's not an old bug, because it happens only since 4.3.18! In former Terragen-Versions the movement of planets was ok, without "ghostimage" of the former position.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Kadri

Quote from: raymoh on December 24, 2018, 04:49:12 AM
Same issue here, but I think that's not an old bug, because it happens only since 4.3.18! In former Terragen-Versions the movement of planets was ok, without "ghostimage" of the former position.

If it is the same bug-s it is not the first time probably:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22222.msg224191.html#msg224191