Blade Runner 2059

Started by Ariel DK, September 08, 2019, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

I don't published this one here yet?
A couple of renders for the KitBash3d cyberpunk contest, still a WIP
Using a few freebies from Sketchfab, the Free Demo kit, Brutalist Kit, and Utopia (I gonna using those much more in the future), and most important:
the "Sci-Fi kitbash" from vitaly bulgarov that i get one year ago (much less expensive that the KitBash3d ones), with better geometry but untextured.
C&C very welcome (and needed)  ;)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

cyphyr

Great work and keeping very true to the Bladerunner 2049 imagery.

I've got a few ideas about the contest myself but keep running into problems.

I'd try to find ways of adding more neon sines in early_city_Test4.jpg and add more fine detail ground clutter in early_test_3.jpg.

I really like the KitBash 3d stuff but it dose take a lot of work to get the models Terragen ready.

Good luck :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Ariel DK

Thanks Richard
I'm trying to find time to work ironically, on what you say: more Neon ads in the rain scene, and another POV/details for the Vegas scene
For the models, I know two methods to get the models ready for TG: Blender export, or (in my case), "Riptide pro": a C4d plugin to export almost everything to OBJ format. in both cases you will want to save the models with a .Mtl file in the same "textures" directory of your kit, then you should be able to load it in TG without problems. :)
Good luck too!

Ariel DK

Just sharing my final entry for the KitBash Contest. I added some extra details (and references ;))
I also did a Night time version just for fun. Hope you like it!

Dune

I like both, the grainy rain effect is nice in this case, so are the beams. The only thing I don't quite grab is the car. Is it supposed to drive on that road or floating? He seems to float and is rather big compared to the buildings. So I guess it's a future 'flying car'? Then I'd understand the concept.
Anyway, good luck in the contest!

Ariel DK

Hi Ulco! & thank you...
Quote from: Dune on September 27, 2019, 02:14:18 AM...So I guess it's a future 'flying car'? Then I'd understand the concept.
Yes, it is! more specifically a Peugeot ;D is flying free between the builds, at a few meters from the camera (that's why looks a little bit bigger)
Is also animated to produce some motion blur in the camera, but for some reason i can't see it blurry, wich is strange because is moving really fast...
Here is the main excellent reference that i taked for this particularly image: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv8xEhv_hLE

Dune

I see, thanks. In that case, I love it! So this is going to be animated for the contest? Will you post that sooner or later? Curious.

Ariel DK

Quote from: Dune on September 27, 2019, 11:12:53 AMI see, thanks. In that case, I love it! So this is going to be animated for the contest? Will you post that sooner or later? Curious.
The Contest is already finished, i tried to animate it but unfortunately i ran out of time. even so I continue working on this scene so, i also hope see it animated in the future. i was just reading that Hannes have a similar problem in his Halcon animation with the motion blur on objects, i dont saw this problem in the past...

Hannes

Actually TG never had object motion blur, only camera blur. That's why it's useless with a scene like yours (and mine), unless you render the background and the vehicle separately.

bobbystahr

great, nailed the scene IMHO...love the rain effect, must try that myself at a later date. Thanks for sharing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Ariel DK

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Hannes on September 27, 2019, 11:57:07 AMActually TG never had object motion blur, only camera blur. That's why it's useless with a scene like yours (and mine), unless you render the background and the vehicle separately.
Oh, thats why i never heard about that... :P

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 28, 2019, 09:10:15 AMgreat, nailed the scene IMHO...love the rain effect, must try that myself at a later date. Thanks for sharing.
Well Bobby, about the rain, i was navigate in this thread: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21023.0.html
and i started to try setup myself, getting some nice vertically stretched noises, just BEFORE to jump to the second page the next day and.. see that Hannes has posted a tgc file! lol
that's why the image is a little bit noisy, even with AA 8 and defer Atmo enable, i cant resolve the noise at all. i'm doing some test with Hanne's file to see if there is a noticeable difference...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ariel DK on September 30, 2019, 02:22:30 PMWell Bobby, about the rain, i was navigate in this thread: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21023.0.html
and i started to try setup myself, getting some nice vertically stretched noises, just BEFORE to jump to the second page the next day and.. see that Hannes has posted a tgc file! lol
that's why the image is a little bit noisy, even with AA 8 and defer Atmo enable, i cant resolve the noise at all. i'm doing some test with Hanne's file to see if there is a noticeable difference...
Ah ha, I see, well I shall go get that then LOL...thanks for explaining....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Looks great! One thing you should know is: don't use the rain thing, I shared, for the whole visible area. Keep a certain distance from the camera, so that you can see the rain streaks correctly, and not too large, and don't make it too "deep". A "rain curtain" with a depth of a few meters is enough.
For the more distant area use a regular (V2) cloud layer, either with a large density shader to get some "cloudy" look, or no density shader at all. Thus you'll have the rainy look in the foreground fading into a foggy look in the background. It's less noisy and (imho) looks more real.