15 miles on the Erie Canal

Started by sboerner, January 25, 2018, 11:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

I was getting bored working on my set of human figures (meshes are done and rigged, now doing skin weighting ZZZZzzzzzzzz . . .) so I decided to take a break and do something more interesting. Always wanted to make a model of Henry Ford's "T". Here's a 1912 Torpedo Runabout. It will be added to the scene once it's shaded. (And when it has a driver . . . so I guess I'd better finish those people after all.)
ford1912Torpedo.jpg

Dune

mhaze

j meyer

Looks like a great model, indeed. 8)

Hannes

sboerner

Thank you, everyone. I was able to work from original Ford Motor Co. blueprints and also got some help and good advice from the Model T Ford Club of America forum. Anxious to see how this one looks once it's shaded. It will be a tiny part of the current scene but maybe it can be the hero object of another scene some day.

bobbystahr

It'll be a Hero Car for sure once shaded...if you ever decide to sell/share this model I'd love to get a copy for my virtual "Ford" section of my auto archives. Extremely well done...KUDOs
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Love the details on this! Great model!

sboerner

Shaded and almost ready to go. Needs to be scuffed up a little. Let's just say it's just been driven off the showroom floor.

Green paint job on the body should be darker but that will be adjusted once it's placed in the scene.

Hannes

Dune

Indeed, a really fine job you did, Steve! Makes you yearn for old times (for the beauty of those cars, that is). You could easily sell this for a good price, I guess.

sboerner

Thanks Ulco, Hannes. I'd love to own one of these cars but don't have the mechanical aptitude (or deep pockets) so I'll continue to admire them from a distance. It was an interesting trip into another world, digging up scans of Ford blueprints and corresponding with T owners, figuring out how the car was put together.

The idea of selling models has occurred to me but I've never looked into it. Maybe some day . . . right now I'm too eager to move on to the next step in this process.

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on October 08, 2019, 11:26:06 AM. . . right now I'm too eager to move on to the next step in this process.
understandable man! keep on keepin' on then!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

KlausK

Quote from: sboerner on September 29, 2019, 09:41:36 PMI was getting bored...
you should get bored more often! That is a very well done model.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on October 08, 2019, 02:12:54 AMIndeed, a really fine job you did, Steve! Makes you yearn for old times (for the beauty of those cars, that is). You could easily sell this for a good price, I guess.

I absolutely agree!
Fine job, Steve!