A bee's view of the family Stripe

Started by Dune, May 24, 2020, 01:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

MD is doing a wonderful job. As an 'Easy Scene', this was quickly put together (30 mins), but took 5 hours to render. I probably will change the textures and the blurred flowers on the right, though. And the guy needs hair. Any other comment welcome, as always.

N-drju

We're still in the Roman times? It's really nice. The meadow and the sky have a very optimistic look.

I wonder though if you could remove blue flowers from the foreground. They are quite tall and seem a tad intrusive.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Agura Nata

Wonderful my friend, looks very good!
"Live and Learn!"

Jo Kariboo

Personally I like the snap shot aspect of this image. The elements are not overly placed for the composition, the image seems spontaneous and natural, the flowers out of focus participate in it and don't bother me. I have no idea if the aspect of the skin could be improved or if it is currently a limitation of the software? I like the textures and folds in the costumes.

Hannes

Sweet!! Makes me curious about Marvelous Designer...

Kadri

Oh yes. The difference is easy to see about using Marvelous Designer.

luvsmuzik

Very well done....family Stripe...heh

You are certainly hitting the mark with these designs, now fabric choice will enter the picture. There used to be some pretty cool filters that did burlap, cotton and rough weave. At this distance probably not that urgent, but stripes were rare I think. If they are just a band of gypsies in the hills 1900s, the fems are okay, but toga style for the guy, nope.

So did you go with the hobby license or pro? I didn't read all of it seeing the pro price, but you would probably do well with it.  :)

sboerner

Great fabrics! Really opens up a lot of new possibilities. I like the snapshot quality of this, too. What on earth is he carrying? Looks like he could use a little help.

Luvs, maybe the licensing has changed since you last looked, but MD now has Enterprise and Personal licenses (also Academic). There is no distinction made for the personal license between pro and hobby. If you are a one-person shop, you can still use the personal license.

DocCharly65

Wow, extreme idyllic and optimistic. I like that. and in fact great work on the people!

Dune

What do you mean by the aspect of the skin, Jo? I'm sure it can be a better by using the glass shader with subsurface scattering, but I didn't bother because of the distance.

Luvs; Steve is right, you can get a personal licence. And the group is Roman, so the guy can perfectly well get away with his tunic  Indeed, the thing to do now is find nice (Roman) fabric designs/textures, and learn to make proper patterns, or find some on the web. And experiment more with the presets of fabrics (50 or so!), which names' puzzle me mostly.

I deliberately overdid the size of the sack he's carrying, to add some subtle humor. Probably his wife's wardrobe.

Here's close-up of the guy, with his new hairdo. No subsurface scattering, though.

Hannes

Quote from: Kadri on May 25, 2020, 07:41:37 AM
Quote from: undefined... Probably his wife's wardrobe.

He really looks like he is
That was my first thought! ;D ;D ;D

Jo Kariboo

I don't know if it's possible. The impression that the skin is not natural does not only concern this image but in general what I have seen with Terragen. Sometimes the reflection of the light makes me think more of a wax or painted surface. Anyway, technology is always evolving and one day it will surely be misunderstood.

j meyer

Definitely a good decision to make use of MD. :)

As for the skin it's not only subsurf scattering that improves skin shading
generally. One could improve skin by painting more elaborate maps,
taking into account regions where the skin is greasy and where not
and regions where the underlying bone structure is more visible, than
elsewhere and and and....
But that would be really time consuming and that is a huge problem
for this kind of illustrations done by one man only.
Just my opinion of course.