Nearly there.

Started by mhaze, October 14, 2021, 09:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Almost home!

Gaea and terragen lanscape textured in TG. Bird, Dune, all other products Renderosity and Xfrog.

Nala1977

holy shit thats something remarkable, very nice work! my only critiq which is just a personal taste is the far snowy mountain the look too billowy, i dont like that blobby look, a more sharp downcutting eroded peeks would been nicer, but again thats my taste :)

very very nice work!

Lady of the Lake

Really like all of this except the smoke from the house.  The rider going down the trail is super.

mhaze

Thanks, unfortunately I had a lot of trouble with the smoke. I will definately to have another go. I'll also play with the snow.

Hannes

Really nice! Agree with the others about the mountains and the smoke. Otherwise well done!

Dune

Very nice render. Path and rider are great indeed, also the little village nestled along the lakes.

But I do have some points to make, some personal.
1. It's a very busy piece, so I would leave out or greatly reduce the heavy cloud in 'appearance'. I personally don't like very heavy clouds.
2. If you leave the clouds; the tops are very washed out (on my monitor).
3. Smoke from the house indeed; you can warp it by x or Z, and have it fade in height if you use inverted and make the 'base' whispy or soft, or by distribution shader mask. Easier is to just paint it in, which I mostly do.
4. Your images often have the feeling of miniature landscapes or dioramas. I don't know why that is. Atmo settings? Or the lens; I have a feeling the horizontal FOV in this render is much less than 60, which brings the far mountain much to the front en condeses the lakes. This does however give a great sense of coulisse, also by the tree stands and fog.

mhaze

Ta All, Dune - I'm a landscape painter and I like a narrative, hence my pics can sometimes be busy, I like this. Clouds, hmm, not washed out on my monitor but I'll play with them some more. Coulisse?

mhaze

Thanks for the tips Dune, I've learnt a new word!

Dune

Jo Kariboo

Nice ambiance, I think the image would make a great storybook cover.

mhaze

Thanks, I always strive for narrative in my pics.

DocCharly65

That is realy a story telling, beautiful picture! I agree about smoke and mountains but all in all great idea and composition!

mhaze

Thanks all for your comments - here is my final version.

Dune

Very dramatic! Smoke is much better now, nice and subtle.

DocCharly65