Desert planet

Started by Hannes, January 06, 2022, 03:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Once again thanks to Ulco for his great idea of displacing cubes. This is so much fun and produces incredible structures.
I used a lot of them, placed them behind each other and even stacked some of them on top of others. All use the same shader setup, so that they blend nicely together, when they are close enough.

The dropship's motion blur is of course made in postwork with a ship mask (When do we get object motion blur? This is something essential for 3D apps I'd say... ;) )

WAS

This is awesome. Lots of action.

How do you get by the weird corner distortion?

Hannes

Quote from: WAS on January 06, 2022, 04:05:40 AMHow do you get by the weird corner distortion?
Thanks, Jordan! What do you mean by corner distortion? The cubes have a round radius of 90. Maybe that's what you mean?

WAS

Oh yeah. It goes above 1. I don't use the cube very much, you see.  ::) :-X

Dune

Awesome again! Even more awesome than previous! I thought everybody knew how to stack cubes and spheres, but thanks again for thanking me ::)

Hannes

cyphyr

Great work, very atmospheric. The dropship reminds me of the Drake Cutlass from Star Citizen.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

mhaze

WOW, I like the dramatic narrative - what's going to happen next?

Jo Kariboo

Excellent ! Again, it looks like an image taken from a movie.

gao_jian11

Bravo. How are the characters' movements done? What software is used?

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 06, 2022, 04:25:12 AMI thought everybody knew how to stack cubes and spheres, but thanks again for thanking me

I missed preschool shape association classes. :P

Hannes

Quote from: mhaze on January 06, 2022, 09:14:18 AMWOW, I like the dramatic narrative - what's going to happen next?
Thank you!! No idea. But I'm thinking about (and testing) some animation stuff for that scene...)

Quote from: gao_jian11 on January 06, 2022, 09:44:47 AMBravo. How are the characters' movements done? What software is used?

I found some free soldier characters and loaded them into Mixamo:
https://www.mixamo.com/#/
A great free online rigging website. You need to register, but it's OK.
When you found a nice animation for your character, you can download the FBX file and use it in your app of choice.

Dune

digitalguru

Really nice! Love the sense of depth and bounced light.

Quote from: Hannes on January 06, 2022, 03:54:31 AMWhen do we get object motion blur? This is something essential for 3D apps I'd say
+1 :)

pixelpusher636

I love this! All that dust kicked up only adds to it. Great work as always Hanes!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.