New use for cell phones!

Started by matrix2003, June 07, 2008, 09:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Fire

Quote from: JimB on June 11, 2008, 03:48:48 AM

That would depend on what the respective governments deem 'acceptable risk', whether the science was edited by politicians or was carried out by the phone companies and was unedited there by executives, and over what period the tests were made to examine longer term lower exposure effects.   ;)

Most phones don't come near the EU or US limits (which are reasonably different). Anyway, relevant data (page 3 - Statement of Compliance) is available for you to make an informed decision when buying your next mobile phone.

JimB

Like I said in my previous post, I know two people who tried it out and got opposite results. However, I stand by my (completely justifiable IMHO) distrust of 'official' data (often based on corporate sponsored "research" - also see NASA's recent attempted suppression of climate research - New Scientist report).
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

ramsesoriginal

As posted on more places, this video is a fake (i think onwired theyevenhad an interview witha bunch of physics, which all explained how this was a fake.
And today I read (i don't recall where... engagded? gizmodo? boingboing?bho..) that it was part of a viral marketing campaign of some bluetooth headset producer..

Will

Quote from: JimB on June 12, 2008, 07:33:10 PM
...also see NASA's recent attempted suppression of climate research - New Scientist report).

pretty sure that was the Bush administration telling NASA not to release it, they battled for like four years or something like that but NASA won and had it released, I could be wrong though.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

JimB

No doubt it was, but at the end of the day NASA were the ones who blocked their man from giving a 23 minute presentation at a symposium on the subject at the last minute. It took all of the other scientists threatening to hold a 23 minute newsworthy silence, rather than change the agenda, to make NASA change their minds.

Back to the subject, though, I now think the popcorn vids are fake, simply because I know people who tried it out and got cold popcorn. YouTube can be just like Wikipedia I guess - completely unreliable unless there's a stack of sources and references listed.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

Seth

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

matrix2003

Whew!  Glad this is faked! I prefer to injure my brain cells the old fashion way:
With a pint glass.  Thank you Seth!    .... and cheers ! ;D
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*