Highland Grass pack (Best grass yet!!!) (NEW LINK)

Started by lightning, July 05, 2008, 11:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Quote from: lightning on July 07, 2008, 02:02:15 AM
well thats nothing to do with me its terragens inadequate model handling

Your files refer to directories in your own personal documents folder. That's something you should be able to avoid, when creating your models, by putting your textures into the same folder as (or a subfolder of) your model directory before you load the model into Terragen. When you first load images into Terragen it looks to see if they are in the same folder or subfolder of the object reader which contains them (i.e. in whose internal network the image map shaders are), and if they are it will turn the file references into relative file paths, rather than absolute. If Terragen can't turn them into relative paths, it has to store absolute paths instead. It does not try to change your file paths when you save your object, but it will turn them into relative paths while you are setting up your object if you have things structured in a way that allows relative paths.

Even if you've got absolute paths stored in your image map shaders, you can always edit them by hand to just contain the filename (assuming you've allowed Terragen to find them by putting them in the same folder as the object). You shouldn't rely on Terragen to assume that you want it to look for the files somewhere other than where you told it to.

EDIT: You could add your maps directories to the path list in Preferences, so that they will continue to work for you even after you have edited them for proper distribution to other users.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

lightning

jcinbama

wow very,very nice looking grass thank for sharing :o :o :o :o ;D

mogn

Alf15000

darthvader

wow, another great plant! thanks againg Lightning ;D

AndyWelder

"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Ironshirt

QuoteHighland Grass pack (Best grass yet!!!)

wow, that sounds very delicious  :P  ;D

I'll give it a try^^

Feyszar

Thanks for sharing. This is awesome !!

Just played around with it and came up with this render.
Somehow the grass looks very bright where it should be dark. As the sun is in front of the camera the dark area of the grass should face the camera, shouldn't it. Did I miss something? I checked the paths of the textures and I tried to set the leaf's "alpha from color" to 1 (white) in the Opacity tab of it's default shader.
In the quick-render it looks fine and rendered correctly. The full render always shows "bright" grass.
Any idea?

lightning

the translucency is to high ruduce it by adusting the slider under the colour shader in the default shader set it to 0 or very low
nice image by the way ;)

Feyszar

Hey mate,
thanks for your fast reply. I will try this evening and render during the night (7h).
I'll let you know the outcome  :)

Feyszar

al91

Dune

Yeah, where is it?? I'd like to see what it's like...