QRTV in Terragen 2?

Started by Aagam, April 02, 2009, 08:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aagam

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but is there a way to make a VR in Quicktime with Terragen 2? I"ve never made a VR before and would love to try. I know people have done it in Terragen, and assume some people have experimented with it before in Terragen 2. Is there any tutorial out there, or can anyone help me out? I'm not too sure where to get started.

PG

I found this
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=853.0

I've never tried panoramas myself, mainly because I don't know how :D but I think this would be where you're looking for.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Oshyan

TG2 does not currently have native support for generating QTVR panoramas. You can of course manually render the necessary angles and assemble the panorama using a 3rd party tool, but this involves no special functionality within TG2.

- Oshyan

Aagam

Awesome, thanks guys, I'll give it a whirl.

Aagam

I tried using the stuff BigBen linked to, but something weird is going on. I got a rather weird result... I attached the tiff image used to create the QTVR. Anyone know what's going on?

Mohawk20

Nice moire  ;)
Looks like there's something out of alignment...
Howgh!

Aagam

It's weird... I followed all of the instructions :(

I tried rendering another scene and I got the same problem. I can render a QTVR using that tiff file, however it just consists of a bunch of lines (as seen in the image I uploaded).

Aagam

After a few hours of work I managed to find a way to make VR images in Terragen with no trouble at all! It's actually damn simple, just had to find the right program.

bertrand

Mind sharing your findings?

neon22

Aagam

Quote from: bertrand on April 06, 2009, 06:52:31 AM
Mind sharing your findings?

It's actually quite easy. You simply need to make 6 renders with the camera positions of:
0, 0, 0
0, 90, 0
0, 180, 0
0, 270, 0
90, 0 , 0
-90, 0, 0

I downloaded a program called CubicConverter. You simply post the 6 renders to a side of a cube and then it renders everything for you. I haven't upped my stuff yet since I'm just testing right now, but I shall later.