What does "Deep Edition" mean?

Started by PabloMack, March 28, 2010, 10:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

I keep reading the words "the deep edition".  Exactly what does this mean?

neuspadrin

nikita

Yeah "Deep" is Planetside's "Pro". The paid version, which enables you to use more than three populations, render larger images and maybe some other stuff I forgot about.

There's also Deep with Animation.

Tangled-Universe

I thought "Deep" arose from the (past?) idea to release a simple version of TG2 (TG2 Basic, or something along that line) along with a complicated pro version, now called "Deep"?

By the way, in my opinion a simpler release of TG2 would be very difficult to develop.
It's often impossible to work entirely without the node-network, at least in my experience/opinion.
You can, but it is mentally quite demanding to keep track of all your blendshaders etc. etc. without actually looking at your network.

The current layout offers a "simple/basic" (using the top buttons and menus) workflow already, which probably can't be made much more easier as is.
Using the node-network only, which you're not obliged to! and could call "pro/deep", you're offered most flexibility and control.

So I think TG2 should stay as is.
At least, I'm quite satisfied at the moment with the complexity/workflow of TG2.

Cheers,
Martin

Henry Blewer

I think you are right. There was to be a version similar to Terragen 0.9x, the full version, and the animation version.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Correct, "Deep" was originally to indicate a difference from a "Standard" type version. That concept is still in consideration, but we're definitely focusing on Deep and Animation right now.

- Oshyan