Import obj with textures into Terragen 2

Started by Wasshead1, July 28, 2011, 09:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wasshead1

I am new to Terragen and would like to import a fully textured obj into Terragen. Can someone tell me how to do this or oint me to a tutorial Thanks!

airflamesred

Object /import/obj reader and decline the xfrog option.
If your texture(s) don't load automatically, then I right clivk on the obj node and select internal network. This should show you a 'parts shader' node. Right click this and select internal network again. One, or more, mat shaders will appear where you can manually load diffuse, bump, spec etc.
There maybe an easier way than I've just described but thats my method.

Hope this helps

bobbystahr

And if your model has no parts shader appears with a + sign and a list you will need to run your object through PoseRay
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/
a lot of us use this regularly to create the list on objects that don't have one.
In PoseRay, once loaded go to Materials Tab and if there is a complete list there go to Groups Tab and select Tools>Materials -> Groups and click Continue and you will have a list that matches your materials. Then save , rename XxxxNEW.obj if you wish. and then load into Terragen and your list should be complete.
Getting to the parts list for me is I click on the Node Network, then on the left I scroll down till I see my object and click the + signs till the full list is expanded...less work getting there this way I find.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bradjordan111

I downloaded Wings 3d. I imported an xfrog obj. Now how do I quadrangulate it? I have no idea what that is.....all help would be appreciated.
Litobyte Softworks [arbbot]
Architect Webware / myESQL firmware
Unity Android, Wii QA
system backup & Wedding Hairstyles Developer

bobbystahr

Quote from: bradjordan111 on August 29, 2011, 01:52:56 AM
I downloaded Wings 3d. I imported an xfrog obj. Now how do I quadrangulate it? I have no idea what that is.....all help would be appreciated.
Why bother with Wings3D if you are going t use it in TG2...TG2 imports .obj from XFROG just fine but sometime you have to redo the alpha and displacements after loading...other than that they're fine in terragen 2
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

airflamesred

You've described 3 different processes What are you trying to do?