Another Plant Modeling App

Started by j meyer, June 24, 2013, 11:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Thanks for posting this Folder!
They look pretty good to me. Maybe you don't want to call them heros, but they sure look good enough to do everything else... Plus they are free, not counting buying an ipad.

How much detail can you get in that app? Displaced bark? Fruit? Your image looks like the branches can get pretty varied.
It has been eaten.

folder

my pleasure you guys have given me so much . here are vids on tposted. ihe program and it does have fruit. i have mo modeling experience but tree sketch seems easier than many other programs. there a lot of presets made and i can provide them. as i said last post i do not know how to improve them in poserray so they are usable. Yossam did a fine job on the two i  posted if you want me to just drop-box them with poser-ray improvement let me  kmnow

david

folder

http://algorithmicbotany.org/TreeSketch/

forgot to give the url for the vids  one of the vids shows the presets avialable

david

otakar

Yeah, definitely good for mid-distance I'd say! How much irregularity can you model in Tree Sketch? What is always needed are trees that are less than symmetrical. Unfortunately, I am not an Apple product owner, so can't have a look for myself.

yossam

Some closer renders...............same settings as before. I think it all depends on the quality of the maps, especially the bark. But definitely good for midrange.  :)

folder

otakar 
look at the links i supplied you can model any irregularity in terms of shape as to barks other and such other than supplied
will post some more trees later today off to dr office. as i mentioned before i am junable to do more than supply the raw obj file. Yossam has been kind enough to modify them 

david

yossam

Actually folder you don't have to use poseray to get them in Terragen. I just tried it..........the model (as you supplied it) will load correctly with all maps applied except the opacity image. Simply load the leaf image in the opacity slot and check use alpha.  ;D

folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/in1952ildjuhbnt/Tree6-4-13_3_07_PM.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyemn9thw2cu1zz/Tree10-2-14_11_25_PM.zip?dl=0

here are two more straight off the ipad not put thru poseray when i tried to load the leaf only the .mtl and .obj files showed up. must have done something wrong

david

Dune

They're not bad at all, but the bark texture is a normal map, so it seems, and the normal map is black and can't be read. But you can switch them for proper textures in TG (use any fitting tiled bark texture). The leaves work ok, just copy the png to the opacity tab and check alpha. Raise translucency and set reflectivity to 0.1 or so.

folder

yossam

what scale settings are you using to display the trees?

folder

here are some images of one of the preset trees

david

folder

forgot these

yossam

folder,

The scale hasn't changed...............it loads, I frame the tree in the scene using the camera, and hit render.  :)

j meyer

Had a look at the two trees that were provided first.
I can confirm that you just have to add the leaves png
to the opacity slot and check use alpha to get them to
work.
But specularity should be turned down or better completely
off since the leaves are twigs rather and you get terrible
highlights otherwise.
The geometry of the one with the thick trunk is awful,
huge gaps between the segments of the trunk.
Not fixable without lots of work.
The size is totally off also,much too large.
And the pngs with the N at the end of the name
are somehow broken.Won't open in PShop.
Lots of intersections,too.

Is it possible to increase the poly count of the trunk
and branches inside the app or are there any export
quality settings or so?

yossam

Here are the last two.................