Stone Age

Started by Dune, July 04, 2014, 10:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

QuoteKempen-1-v6.jpg
Is GREAT.

Ahh, thanks about the grass. Is that what you used in your tundra images?
It has been eaten.

Dune

Partly, yes. The grass is great as long as it's colored well and fits well to dispacements.
I need to have another look at my grasses here; perhaps make them greener. It's supposed to be a hot summer's day, on the edge of a swamp. Dumped in some trees, but I need more species and variation. Slowly starting to get stuff into the camp. Placed them just anywhere for the time being, just to see what they would look like. Off to make more...
One thing I don't like is the hard distinction between woods and sky. But what to do about it? It's flat there, and no mist  :(

choronr

I like what I see here; and, agree about the sharp horizon line between the tree line and the sky. The thing I would do is add some mist/dust to smooth the sharp line.

mhaze

Or possibly a low hill or two?

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Dune

There ar no hills unfortunately, and in summer mist is a bit strange. I thought of both, but dismissed them. Perhaps  I have to lower the POV and have some larger trees break the line.

j meyer

Maybe some faint distant depth of field would help
with that sharp transition?
Btw did you model the clothes or does DazStudio have
some presets to go from?

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on July 12, 2014, 08:43:07 AM
There ar no hills unfortunately, and in summer mist is a bit strange.
I'm wondering about that.  I recall several instances of mist hanging around a body of water, usually in the early morning hours around sunup.

Dune

Yes, maybe local vapor should after all be best. But they want blocks of text over it as well (ugly, isn't it?), so I'll advice them to cover the horizon somewhere.

I am still struggling to find a decent workflow with DAZ. The posing is great and now that I purchased the evolution morphing pack, I can make fat people, or very hungry ones. I think I'll need the mesh reduce pack as well, as I really don't need every wrinkle in the skin (and some folk are 50MB), and Meshlab isn't taking in, or exporting all textures correctly. On a sideline; I wonder why TG doesn't properly load all assets from an object; like opacity. You always have to handload that.
And I still need to find my way adjusting people (adding hair/beards) without ZBrush. I still have to try Mudbox. Same for the clothes; I have some (presets indeed, you can purchase all kinds of stuff for all the characters), but it's all too fancy. I need basic wrap-around, rough skins, so I'm seeing a lot of tuts, and have to find a way to export a model from DAZ into, say Mudbox or LW, make clothing there and import back. But it should also adjust to the poses then. I'm sure there's a way, but I still have to find it.
Until now, I exported an object, reduced it in LW, cut out all unnecessary stuff, made a rough version of clothing and draped (ClothFX) it around the body part. But it should be easier.

bobbystahr

There is a bridge from DAZ to Bryce, dunno if y use Bryce .
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

You could try to bring your posed naked figure into mudbox/Lw and
use an extract feature to get a starting mesh for clothes.Sculpt/model
some simple folds and stuff and then texture it.Loin cloths or skirt
like things may need a temporary substitute copy of the figure to
modify and extract from there.

Dune

That's exactly what I did. Took me some trials to get it to collide with the figure in DS, but it turned out rather nice. Only thing is that the texture is stretched when the figure poses. For these skins, I just added a world scale PF.
I know pro's don't talk highly of these DAZ people, but they suit me fine for this.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 13, 2014, 12:27:15 PM
That's exactly what I did. Took me some trials to get it to collide with the figure in DS, but it turned out rather nice. Only thing is that the texture is stretched when the figure poses. For these skins, I just added a world scale PF.
I know pro's don't talk highly of these DAZ people, but they suit me fine for this.
I've found on simple items like that PoseRay fixes the U/V mapping if you remap to cubic, at least has been working for me...the tricky bit is tiling sometimes.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

choronr

Looking very good Ulco.