Terragen 4 Open Beta

Started by Oshyan, July 01, 2016, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun Gate

Quote from: Matt on October 01, 2016, 03:16:45 AM
Hi Sun Gate,

We will make a final decision on this soon. However, it's unlikely that we will be able to support 32 bit Windows for much longer. If we can't, will you be able to upgrade to 64 bit Windows or are you definitely stuck on 32 bit? And which version are you using (e.g. XP, Vista, Windows 7)? We are now running into problems even supporting XP and Vista, which we are trying to work around but might not be successful.

Matt

I have a Core 2 Duo w. 4 Gb RAM. Therefore I'm still on Windows 7, 32 bit.

I'm still quite content with that. :)

Oshyan

I'm pretty sure all the Core 2 CPUs supported 64 bit...

- Oshyan

Sun Gate

Quote from: Oshyan on October 01, 2016, 08:52:43 PM
I'm pretty sure all the Core 2 CPUs supported 64 bit...

- Oshyan

Maybe, but I think the mobo only supports up to 4 Gb. So there's no point to that.

Oshyan

Actually there is. Windows 32 bit only supports up to 3GB of RAM per application, and that is only if a special bootup "switch" is enabled. If it's not, only 2GB per application are allowed, which is severely limiting. You can maximize use of your available memory with a 64 bit OS, even if you only have 4GB.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

Quote from: mhaze on October 01, 2016, 12:31:53 PM
Hi, when will the view preview in separate window be implemented. I'm desperate to use two monitors again!

We'll be bringing that back in a future update, but we don't have a specific release date for it. I believe it has been made more challenging by the introduction of the RTP.

- Oshyan