Tree stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, December 01, 2016, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 03, 2018, 04:46:54 PM
Ever see a catalpa tree with popcorn flowers and great big leaves? Perhaps I shall try adding flowers to this mess..... :)

Really interesting soft depth to the foliage.

luvsmuzik

Thanks WASasquatch!

Here is one shown before, Blender sapling generator. This time in full sun. I tried to imitate lichen on the bark with some power fractals. Not really making a scene of this just practicing trees.

bobbystahr

Good and convincing job on the lichen.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Like the "3D-ness" so far.   :)
So you use any kind of texture for your leaves (eg actual image)?

luvsmuzik

Thanks bobbystahr!

Quote from: masonspappy on June 07, 2018, 02:34:59 PM
Like the "3D-ness" so far.   :)
So you use any kind of texture for your leaves (eg actual image)?

Thanks! Just a little ash leaf that was around, I didn't use the disp. bump on that, probably should try it.  :)

luvsmuzik

Bog Fog

Dune

Very nice. You just need to work on that straight 'shore' up front.

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 31, 2018, 05:24:12 PM
Bog Fog

Ooh, very nice. I like the second iteration I think more. Agree with Dune on the shore.

Agura Nata

like the second too, wonderful my friend!
"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Nice but agree w/Dune on the straight 'shore' up front
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Thanks everybody!
Adjusted a few things for fun.
Back in the olden days (when we walked five miles to school in the snow, each way, no less) we used to make hazes and skies all sorts of colors, before we had objects to play with.  :)
Long time admirer of RArcher's work. Improvements in this program make it soooooo much fun.

Dune

Great update. A few more things you could try. Reduce reflection to 0.8, so maybe then the reflection of the right tree willbe less dark than the trunk itself, which might be nice. And reduce waves to almost still. Or use reflective (0.8) and smooth reflections (0.004).

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on August 01, 2018, 11:38:12 AM
Great update. A few more things you could try. Reduce reflection to 0.8, so maybe then the reflection of the right tree willbe less dark than the trunk itself, which might be nice. And reduce waves to almost still. Or use reflective (0.8) and smooth reflections (0.004).
Thanks !
Of course you are correct about the water. I forgot to smooth that because at one point I was trying some weird cloud stuff to try to imitate rain.....

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 01, 2018, 11:38:12 AM

agree with this...and it seems you do too LUVS...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Oooh love the lighting update. Agree with the reflections, the contrast of the image makes them a bit too strong looking.