FEATURE REQUESTS

Started by rolland1013, October 03, 2018, 03:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Is the combing something you can do in Poseray?
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

Yes, Poseray has a lot more in in than you'd think. Also combining objects by selecting a number of objects that should be combined and giving it a name. I often later make extra parts for an object (say a hairpiece or shovel, as lwo or obj), and just copy the path and name in the input window whilst the original object is already open, and merge them.

With DAZ figures I always set all groups to invisible, make the ones visible to combine, merge them, until all are in new combined groups, then go to materials tab and do groups to materials. You loose original textures, but they can easily be relinked by clicking on the image window.

DannyG

Quote from: Dune on February 02, 2019, 07:45:36 AM
Yes, Poseray has a lot more in in than you'd think. Also combining objects by selecting a number of objects that should be combined and giving it a name. I often later make extra parts for an object (say a hairpiece or shovel, as lwo or obj), and just copy the path and name in the input window whilst the original object is already open, and merge them.

With DAZ figures I always set all groups to invisible, make the ones visible to combine, merge them, until all are in new combined groups, then go to materials tab and do groups to materials. You loose original textures, but they can easily be relinked by clicking on the image window.

Extremely helpful Ulco, Thks
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

cyphyr

Quote from: Dune on February 02, 2019, 07:45:36 AM

Brilliant. Very useful info and workflow.
Thankyou
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Hannes

Very informative, Ulco! Thanks a lot. I'll have to take a closer look at Poseray. So far I only used it for recalculating normals.

Dune

I also use it to make a left-looking cow out of a right-looking cow  ;)

mhaze

Great idea to explore. Thanks, Ulco

Matt

Quote from: mhaze on February 02, 2019, 05:20:11 AM
I have a wish list as long as your arm but the thing that bugs me the most is .obj input.  Many .objs I make and use have anything up to 50 part shaders.  When TG loads colour correctly but not displacements I have to manually input them.  Poseray reads the.mtl s correctly but exporting from poseray to TG makes no difference.

Can you send me an object like this? I'll get TG to import the displacement.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 02, 2019, 11:32:29 AM
I also use it to make a left-looking cow out of a right-looking cow  ;)

yeah that works but I also do that right in TG
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

How do you do that then? I'm not aware of the possibility to mirror objects in TG.....

cyphyr

Quote from: Dune on February 03, 2019, 02:21:38 AM
How do you do that then? I'm not aware of the possibility to mirror objects in TG.....

You can mirror by scaling -1 in which ever axis you want to mirror in.
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

mhaze

Cheers Matt, I've sent a file to support.

Hannes

Quote from: cyphyr on February 03, 2019, 04:12:19 AM

You can mirror by scaling -1 in which ever axis you want to mirror in.

Hah!!!! That's clever! It's always amazing if someone finds solutions for things that seemed to be impossible in TG.

Dune

Ah, thanks Richard. Never thought of that.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 03, 2019, 02:21:38 AM
Scale -X ... -Z rotates 180
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist