All these worlds...

Started by raymoh, February 03, 2019, 03:07:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Benedict_Roff-Marsh

"A panoramic view of an upcoming thunderstorm on a habitable exomoon" has a rather Roger Dean feel to it.

:-)

raymoh

In the Rainbow Nebula:
Two different siblings: In the early days of this solar system, these two dwarf planets captured each other and since then have been gravitationally bound and orbiting around each other and together around their parent star.

Ridged moon by RichTwo (Thanks!), some color changes.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global stupidity"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

RichTwo

Some more varied terrain features - larger and higher plus flattened areas would add interest, but the texturing is quite nice.  And you are more than welcome!
They're all wasted!

DocCharly65

Dito. Some Hills would be nice. But anyway good!

raymoh

Version 2:
Some adjustments of displacements (new/changed), some minor color corrections. The impression of the "Great Vastness" should be preserved as far as possible.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global stupidity"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

raymoh

A hypothetical primeval and hostile "Super Venus": A planet like Venus, only bigger and more massive.Temperatures above 500° (Celsius), continuous volcanic activity, a toxic atmosphere with over 200 atmospheres of pressure and more than twice the Earth's gravitational pull make this planet a alien "Dante's Inferno". This planet orbits a close binary star system, whose components are visible as pale disks in this dense atmosphere.

Dune

That really looks inhospitable. Great render. One thing I would do is vary the stone/rock texture a bit more, with areas of really blackened stone and areas where soot/dust covers them. You can try using the warp by normal feature in an added color to get tiny differences in stone texture, setting it to 1 or minus 1.

raymoh

A hypothetical landscape on TRAPPIST-1 f, the fifth planet of the TRAPPIST-1 system, about 40 light-years from Earth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRAPPIST-1
According to recent research, the planet is slightly larger and slightly more massive than Earth and still lies within the star's habitable zone. This cold world receives only slightly more than one-third as much radiation from its sun as Earth, predominantly in the red and infrared regions of the spectrum. The faint visible light has a distinct red cast. Should this planet have an atmosphere, larger water deposits are also possible, increasing the likelihood of some form of life.
The unspectacular image shows a canyon-like and cold, partly snow-covered mountain region at the everlasting day/night border of this world.  The sedimentary layers of the mountains may contain fossils of earlier life forms. After one of the rather rare flare eruptions of the host star slightly above the horizon, the local life forms have discharged the excess of UV and X-ray radiation in the form of bioluminescence.
Just at the horizon the so far outermost planets of the system are visible in the dark sky. At this time, planet g appears about the size of the Moon in Earth's sky, planet h about a quarter of that.  In a few hours planet g will transit (occult) planet h.