Alien earth

Started by Hannes, August 13, 2019, 12:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Hannes

Quote from: Oshyan on August 13, 2019, 02:27:19 pmOnly thing I notice is a small yellow-green patch of color that looks out of place (most visible in 4k) near the top-left edge of the planet. An image map remnant?
I found it. It's not in the image map itself, but I tinted the whole shader with a bright greenish color, and in the areas where the image is almost white it leaves a bright green area of course. Too bad I didn't notice it before!

Quote from: Matt on August 13, 2019, 04:51:33 pmThe Voronoi-ish looking patterns of the coastlines reminded me of the lead-in octaves of the Alpine Fractal, but I'm sure there are other ways to get a similar effect. I hope you'll give us some hints :)
OK, as I said it's a node based pattern, originally made to create cracks by dandelO. I edited it a bit to fit my needs.

I'll upload it in the file section (I guess dandelO is OK with that, as long a I mention his name as creator)

Matt

Quote from: Hannes on August 14, 2019, 09:00:17 am
Quote from: Matt on August 13, 2019, 04:51:33 pmThe Voronoi-ish looking patterns of the coastlines reminded me of the lead-in octaves of the Alpine Fractal, but I'm sure there are other ways to get a similar effect. I hope you'll give us some hints :)
OK, as I said it's a node based pattern, originally made to create cracks by dandelO. I edited it a bit to fit my needs.

The forum has some bugs at the moment, which might have caused some confusion. You might have thought I posted that after you had already answered me. You were reading my old post.

Thanks for the additional info :)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hannes

Oh no, I realized, that this post was already answered. I just wanted to refer to your initial question.

Matt

Quote from: Hannes on August 14, 2019, 11:12:57 amOh no, I realized, that this post was already answered. I just wanted to refer to your initial question.

Oh, I see now :)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 13, 2019, 01:23:18 pmThanks for your comments and suggestions!!!!!! :)

Here is a 4K version, Richard.
well that is going on my desktop....beautiful Hannes.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on August 13, 2019, 02:27:19 pmOnly thing I notice is a small yellow-green patch of color that looks out of place (most visible in 4k) near the top-left edge of the planet. An image map remnant?

That's where the terraforming facility is... lol

Agura Nata

Fractal, surreal, abstract, the main thing is not everyday like the bread roll with liver cheese from the sausage stand around the corner, although it is of course great that there are sausage stands without which the social bustle would come to a standstill ;)

DocCharly65