Alien earth

Started by Hannes, August 13, 2019, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Hannes

Quote from: Oshyan on August 13, 2019, 02:27:19 PMOnly thing I notice is a small yellow-green patch of color that looks out of place (most visible in 4k) near the top-left edge of the planet. An image map remnant?
I found it. It's not in the image map itself, but I tinted the whole shader with a bright greenish color, and in the areas where the image is almost white it leaves a bright green area of course. Too bad I didn't notice it before!

Quote from: Matt on August 13, 2019, 04:51:33 PMThe Voronoi-ish looking patterns of the coastlines reminded me of the lead-in octaves of the Alpine Fractal, but I'm sure there are other ways to get a similar effect. I hope you'll give us some hints :)
OK, as I said it's a node based pattern, originally made to create cracks by dandelO. I edited it a bit to fit my needs.

I'll upload it in the file section (I guess dandelO is OK with that, as long a I mention his name as creator)

Matt

Quote from: Hannes on August 14, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
Quote from: Matt on August 13, 2019, 04:51:33 PMThe Voronoi-ish looking patterns of the coastlines reminded me of the lead-in octaves of the Alpine Fractal, but I'm sure there are other ways to get a similar effect. I hope you'll give us some hints :)
OK, as I said it's a node based pattern, originally made to create cracks by dandelO. I edited it a bit to fit my needs.

The forum has some bugs at the moment, which might have caused some confusion. You might have thought I posted that after you had already answered me. You were reading my old post.

Thanks for the additional info :)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hannes

Oh no, I realized, that this post was already answered. I just wanted to refer to your initial question.

Matt

Quote from: Hannes on August 14, 2019, 11:12:57 AMOh no, I realized, that this post was already answered. I just wanted to refer to your initial question.

Oh, I see now :)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 13, 2019, 01:23:18 PMThanks for your comments and suggestions!!!!!! :)

Here is a 4K version, Richard.
well that is going on my desktop....beautiful Hannes.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on August 13, 2019, 02:27:19 PMOnly thing I notice is a small yellow-green patch of color that looks out of place (most visible in 4k) near the top-left edge of the planet. An image map remnant?

That's where the terraforming facility is... lol

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

DocCharly65