Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: buchvecny on December 24, 2007, 01:15:40 PM
Quote from: reck on December 23, 2007, 10:18:21 PM
Quote from: buchvecny on December 23, 2007, 08:40:06 PM
there wont be any 64bit version initially ? :( guyz come on... you say it will be pro software... but without multi core and 64bit support you can hardly call it pro.

The first release will be multi core.

It wont be full multicore support, if i understood Oshyan well.

Quote from: JimB on December 24, 2007, 01:08:27 AM
Photoshop's not 64-bit yet, either, and way beyond Beta.

Q: "How do you eat a whole elephant?"
A: "One bite at a a time."

You confused two different things. Im talking about support for 64bit. 32bit Photoshop can run on windows vista 64 bit. So im asking... will terragen run on windows vista 64bit?

It runs fine here on XP64, so I presume it would also on Vista64.

Martin

buchvecny

:) cool i guess i just got somehow mislead reading the tons of posts.

Fenring

Stop spreading FUD, i have run terragen 2 technology preview on both vista 64 and xp 64 without problems. My current render comp is xp64 and it does nothing but putting out terragen 2 renders.

buchvecny

I state i have been spreading FUD because i ve misread information. Terragen is able to run on 64bit systems

rcallicotte

Lucky...renderer.   ;D

Quote from: Fenring on December 24, 2007, 10:22:43 PM
My current render comp is xp64 and it does nothing but putting out terragen 2 renders.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

adit

Just want to clear something up..
A while ago, when I bought the tech preview I asked whether the the animation module could be purchased separately if I wanted to buy it later, and the answer was yes at the time.

Does that still stand?

rcallicotte

I believe you need to buy TG2 Animation version before you will get the animation module.  Someone correct me, please, if I'm wrong.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

I think you should see it as upgrading from the deep version to deep + animation.
I have the deep version, so if I want to have the animation module I'll have to pay 100 bucks to upgrade.
That's the way it works I think.

Martin

red_planet

You can upgrade the deep to deep + animation....i did it !!

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/regcc_tg2.php

(There is an option to upgrade deep to deep+animation)

Rgds
Chris

Oshyan

TG2 will be fully multithreaded for the final release. That means the renderer, including Global Illumination, will support the use of multiple CPU's and or CPU cores in a single system, which will of course greatly increase render speed.

TG2 definitely runs on 64 bit versions of Windows. I have run it myself on both XP x64 and Vista x64. This is not particularly surprising though since the vast majority of 32 bit applications run without problems on both OS's as they include a 32 bit realtime emulation system for 32 bit. Note that a properly 64 bit optimized version of TG2 will be made available at a later time and this will help in particular with very memory-intensive scenes for those who have lots of memory (4+GB).

You can purchase the animation "module" separately as an upgrade for TG2 Deep. The animation module will not be finalized at the same time as Terragen 2, but basic animation functions are still available and are enabled by the purchase of the animation upgrade. Improved animation capability

- Oshyan

reck

Quote from: Oshyan on December 26, 2007, 04:30:42 PM
TG2 will be fully multithreaded for the final release.

- Oshyan

Will the preview window be fully multithreaded as well or just the main renderer?

Regards.

Oshyan

Quote from: reck on December 27, 2007, 05:22:12 PM
Quote from: Oshyan on December 26, 2007, 04:30:42 PM
TG2 will be fully multithreaded for the final release.

- Oshyan

Will the preview window be fully multithreaded as well or just the main renderer?

Regards.

Yes, it should be.

- Oshyan

DeathTwister

So after the main release, Are they going to work on the next release after that with the major update letting us get more textures in for our models finally? I consider that critical to me at this time for what I want to do in tgd2. I sure hope they do as to me that is the weak point of this software at the moment, other then that I am so very happy with tgd2.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

adit

Everything sounds excellent! I can't wait for the release.

One more thing-I'm sure it's come up before-but are populations being cached on the list of improvements any time in the future? I don't want to recalculate huge populations if I try re-rendering an old scene.

Of course, this is given that it is possible to do that at all (I am completely ignorant of innards of TG).

buchvecny

im not quite sure i think that the recounting is simple a must such as recounting fractal terain. well oshyan i let u speak because im noob -_-