Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Thanks for the newest information, Matt.  Thanks for letting us get a look at what is going on firsthand.  That said, I'll say with some measure of unpopularity no doubt, that I might still wait for the Beta.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

glen5700

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to the download and no matter what the issues I will be trying it out.

Thanks for letting us in early.

Glen

echrei

This makes me really glad that I pre-purchased the app. I can't wait to test out the new features. Thanks Matt!
15" MacBook Pro / 2.6GHz Penryn C2D / 4GB RAM / 500GB 7200RPM HDD / 8600M GT 512MB
Hackintosh / Dual X5680 @ 4.2GHz / 12GB RAM / 2TB HDD / GTX 480+260

rmfrase

re: "ready to get their hands dirty..."  I'm ready to jump in the mud.   ;D

NWsenior07

Thanks for the update Matt, I'm looking forward to some new things to play with. And your hard work has certainly not gone underappreciated.

Fenring

Matt thank you for your update makes at least me feel slightly less frustrated, apart from the instability, will the speed of renders in this new alpha version be similar or identical to the upcoming beta?

Matt

Quote from: Fenring on April 23, 2008, 06:02:20 AM
Matt thank you for your update makes at least me feel slightly less frustrated, apart from the instability, will the speed of renders in this new alpha version be similar or identical to the upcoming beta?

Probably similar, but if a chance arises to improve the speed then of course I will use it :)

However, memory use will probably change between now and the Beta. Multi-threaded rendering currently uses more memory (and it varies with the number of threads), and that can cause a problem with the 2Gb/3Gb limit that Windows imposes on 32-bit applications, but I'm still working on it. Multi-threaded rendering is still an at-your-own-risk option for the time being.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

lightning

hey this is great news im so glad i pre-purchased my terragen 2  ;D

Seth

RichTwo

For one thing, we should all be grateful that Planetside is business for customer satisfaction!  I cannot fathom the least of the difficulties they endure while trying to release a quality product - and this one seems to be able to exceed capabilities its predecessors couldn't touch!  I tip my hat and raise my glass to the teamwork that has brought TG2 this far!
They're all wasted!

rcallicotte

Wholeheartedly agree with you, Rich.

Here's to Planetside.  <ching>   ;D

Quote from: Rich2 on April 24, 2008, 08:56:31 PM
For one thing, we should all be grateful that Planetside is business for customer satisfaction!  I cannot fathom the least of the difficulties they endure while trying to release a quality product - and this one seems to be able to exceed capabilities its predecessors couldn't touch!  I tip my hat and raise my glass to the teamwork that has brought TG2 this far!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

joshbakr

Quote from: Rich2 on April 24, 2008, 08:56:31 PM

If this release comes out in the next 7 days as Matt said then I will Raise my Glass.

Matt

Matt

FrankB

That's a really, really big list! Seeing them all together on one page helps realize how much work went into this!

Regards,
Frank