NWDA image contest - The WINNERS

Started by FrankB, May 12, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

sure thing! would be boring to just see spheres and planes :-)

dandelO

Quote from: FrankB on June 05, 2009, 10:43:33 AM

That's me f*cked then! :D :D :D

Seth

neuspadrin

Quote from: dandelO on June 05, 2009, 07:49:34 PM

That's me f*cked then! :D :D :D

Question, so do you get two submissions to the contest if you have an drunk alter ego ;)

Mr_Lamppost

Now there's a challenge.  ;D

I had no idea what to enter for this contest; visions of scenes full of hundreds of XFrog plants from all the people taking advantage of the various bundle options came to mind.  So many to choose from.

I can image map the sphere right?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Dune

Foreign objects allowed? Well, that calls for another contest then, strictly TG! See what the creative minds are able to squeeze out of it without buying some fancy stuff to put it in (no offence). I guess you would get a lot more than planes and spheres...

---Dune

Seth

there are free xfrog plants Dune ! no need to buy anything ! you'll just have to tweak them inside TG2 to have them look realistic, so that is TG work ^^
the goal of the contest is to have the most realistics renders possible, not to show what TG2 can do without objects :)

Henry Blewer

I started doing something quite alien. I was just getting the landscape ready for objects (made with Blender). I can easily set the atmosphere settings back to 'normal'. Or start over. It's not too hard to get something started that looks fantastic.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

I find it quite difficult to do something alien but realistic...
I am very interested to see see your landscape done with blender rendered with TG2 ! I hope you'll post something to see how it looks :)

Cyber-Angel

Question, Can final submission images be Black and White?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  :) 

GioMez

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on June 06, 2009, 09:21:12 AM
Question, Can final submission images be Black and White?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  :) 

I think it's a kind of postpro lighter than an effect like DOF ;D so I think it's allowed as well!

Apart from that, this contest is showing to everybody some stunning images! And the real power of TG2 (and I think it's the "spirit" behind that challenge ;))

Seth

Quote from: GioMez on June 07, 2009, 12:44:08 PM

Apart from that, this contest is showing to everybody some stunning images! And the real power of TG2 (and I think it's the "spirit" behind that challenge ;))

yes sir !

FrankB

Thelby

I haven't read through all the comments, but is this an ANNONOMOUS Contest, because if it is not, how then do you keep it from becoming a popularity contest for the artist and not the work?
Also, should it not be better to have All Unpublished Submissions. That way no one can circumvent the Anonymous Entry part?
Just some thoughts and questions from a new guy that would not stand a chance is Hades next to the Heavy Hitters in a Non-Anonymous, Non-Unpublished Contest!!!!!

neuspadrin

Well the creators are here in the forums, they see who makes what and help critic those who are working on images.

Don't worry, there wont be favoritism, these guys will favor the best render, not the favorite person.