Renderosity...

Started by FrankB, May 29, 2009, 10:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tumasch

Quote from: wetbanana on May 29, 2009, 09:57:35 PM
@ tumasch we have similar avatars ;D
I know ;D But I think you changed yours quite a few times recently and I might be right in saying that I was first. lol. But if it bothers you, I can change mine, it's not a real looker, is it? :D
Décider c'est mourir un peu.

Jack

Lol na im not bothered ;D
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

dandelO

QuoteYeah but it's a very good price, you know, it's a place where you receive such useful and sincere comments, you can only progress by going there !
Roll Eyes

Oh! My! God! I really hope that this was typed in sarcasm, Ralph.

I went out of Renderosity with a big 'f*ck-you-all-losers' forum post(without actually saying anything like that, I'm not aggresive/offensive in general). And, do you know, even some moderators joined in the discussion, and agreed with it.
I can't show the thread because once you delete your account(well, once you ask for permission from site staff who delete your account for you, how d'ye like that one?) you become an ex-person and all your posts/threads/etc. are removed too. In effect, they own everything you post there. I was fuming that I had to basically hunt down site staff just to take my page offline.
I have never seen such a pathetic display of suck-arse comments and sickly loveliness in my life.
And, art is it? Pfffft! Sure, there's the occaisional gem but, come on, look at the stuff!

deviantART is decent enough, true. If anyone wants to look me up on DA, I'm dandel0(with a zero not an 'O').

In fact, here's my url... http://dandel0.deviantart.com

christianfly

Of course, Rhalph is doing a joke  ;D
I was myself banned from RDR because I had the so stupid attidude to say what I think, and this is absolutly forbidden in Renderosity.
You just have to say: *Wow****^*^*Amazing**
If not, you will be banned  ;)

efflux

I think a thread was removed from the Renderosity Mojoworld forum. It turned into an all out slagging match, partly instigated by mindless gallery commenting. Things turned nasty. I'm surprised the thread lasted as long.

Best to move to another app I say  ;)

rcallicotte

I give this thread 10 stars out of 5.  You guys are the best.  Love ya'.   :-*
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Phylloxera

Quote from: christianfly on May 30, 2009, 04:09:12 PM
Of course, Rhalph is doing a joke  ;D
I was myself banned from RDR because I had the so stupid attidude to say what I think, and this is absolutly forbidden in Renderosity.
You just have to say: *Wow****^*^*Amazing**
If not, you will be banned  ;)
Yes it is the same thing for me, banished of Renderosity to have dared to put true comments.
It is a site or you owe in French “un lèche-cul!” and to put only good appreciations!
It is enough there to go and see the comments!

buzzzzz1

Yeah, my mouth got me Banned also. LOL Seems they don't believe in "Freedom Of Speech"? Say something one of the moderators don't like and you are gone.  Although I must say I received 3 warning before being banned. As long as you sugar coat everything and buy from the market place you are good to go. I think the problem was that there wasn't much to buy for Terragen so banning Terrageneers didn't hurt their pocket books. Does Community translate into Communism?
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Mohawk20

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on June 01, 2009, 10:05:06 AM
Does Community translate into Communism?

Not here!
Hearing all this stuff makes me appreciate this community even more!
Howgh!

schmeerlap

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on June 01, 2009, 10:05:06 AM
Does Community translate into Communism?
There's nothing wrong with Community or Communism per se. Its the sycophantism at ReRo that gets one's goat.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

rcallicotte

In essence, lust for the wrong.  You know - a desire to thrive outside of reality's gravity.

Quote from: schmeerlap on June 04, 2009, 05:29:35 AM
There's nothing wrong with Community or Communism per se. Its the sycophantism at ReRo that gets one's goat.

John

arisdemos

I do have to say that this forum is far superior to Renderosity for gaining functional info on one's creations, and there is altogether too much fluff in the C&C that goes back and forth there. Having said this I still would point out that Renderosity is a far different kettle of fish than our membership that is dedicated to only one very specialized type of app. Planetside does not have to regulate such a diverse set of membership issues as does Renderosity, nor is it focused on a vendor base that is so invasive. I hope in this sense that Planetside retains this particular aspect of pro educational function over any commercial pandering inclinations.

I really like and value having a bit of bitter with my sweet when it comes to interfacing with my peers on this site, and believe that a great deal of personal growth comes from being truthful (even up to the point of open disagreement with other TG2 users) about the opinions, facts, and graphic examples presented here. We should not be too smug in our superiority though, because there is something to be learned from Renderosity's finer points ( there is after all much good graphic content there) like having an image go completely beyond the static/realistic landscape background that so often is the case here. Our jungles could use pyramid cities, and our forest, plains and mnts. could and should at times be populated with story/fantasy line content in addition to xfrog's basic variety of plantlife without losing any TG2 educational value. There is a lessoned to learn from almost every site linkage even from what we might consider a somewhat childish cyber entity.

Jack

Quote from: arisdemos on June 04, 2009, 11:34:35 AM
I do have to say that this forum is far superior to Renderosity for gaining functional info on one's creations, and there is altogether too much fluff in the C&C that goes back and forth there. Having said this I still would point out that Renderosity is a far different kettle of fish than our membership that is dedicated to only one very specialized type of app. Planetside does not have to regulate such a diverse set of membership issues as does Renderosity, nor is it focused on a vendor base that is so invasive. I hope in this sense that Planetside retains this particular aspect of pro educational function over any commercial pandering inclinations.

I really like and value having a bit of bitter with my sweet when it comes to interfacing with my peers on this site, and believe that a great deal of personal growth comes from being truthful (even up to the point of open disagreement with other TG2 users) about the opinions, facts, and graphic examples presented here. We should not be too smug in our superiority though, because there is something to be learned from Renderosity's finer points ( there is after all much good graphic content there) like having an image go completely beyond the static/realistic landscape background that so often is the case here. Our jungles could use pyramid cities, and our forest, plains and mnts. could and should at times be populated with story/fantasy line content in addition to xfrog's basic variety of plantlife without losing any TG2 educational value. There is a lessoned to learn from almost every site linkage even from what we might consider a somewhat childish cyber entity.

that is what im trying to do go beyond plants and rocks ;D
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

rcallicotte

@wetbanana - your renders are very good.  What do you think you'll do next?

rcallicotte

Good, no...very good point.

Quote from: arisdemos on June 04, 2009, 11:34:35 AM
There is a lesson to learn from almost every site linkage even from what we might consider a somewhat childish cyber entity.