Recent posts

Announcements / Re: SKY PAINT - Pre-release sc...
Last post by sboerner - Today at 05:01:27 PM
Matt, this looks fantastic! Can't wait to take it for a spin. But I'm actually just as excited about moving volumetric rendering to the GPU. Something to look forward to.
Announcements / Re: SKY PAINT - Pre-release sc...
Last post by Dune - September 19, 2024, 02:47:46 AM
That is really cool! I used to 'edit' nasty clouds by using simple shapes, but this will be so much more sophisticated. I will have to check my licence, though, mine (SKY) has been expired for a while...

Announcements / SKY PAINT - Pre-release screen...
Last post by Matt - September 19, 2024, 02:19:43 AM
SKY PAINT for Terragen Sky is nearly ready to go!

In this article on LinkedIn I introduce some of the new features, show lots of screenshots and a couple of simple case studies.

Read the article here:  https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sky-paint-terragen-matt-fairclough-rjnwc/

Image Sharing / Re: old time looking pictures
Last post by Stormlord - September 17, 2024, 06:11:52 AM
Very cool version!

Yes, I own Filter Forge as well and they have very nice filters in their library to create all kind of effects.
Also a very good software to create textures! Meanwhile I rendered more than 3000 for my own lib in 4K.

Filter Forge Library.jpg
Some Textures from my Filter Forge Lib

STORMLORD
Last post by Kevin Kipper - September 16, 2024, 11:44:37 AM
Filter Forge is another good program to run Terragen renders through just to see different effects and come up with interesting looks.
Image Sharing / Re: Mountain Pass
Last post by Gannaingh - September 15, 2024, 10:33:48 PM
The terrain came first and is a Geotiff from USGS. I used the micro exporter to render the terrain as an object which i imported into Blender. With the terrain in place I created the models and used arrays and curves to get them into the correct locations. 
Image Sharing / Re: Mountain Pass
Last post by masonspappy - September 15, 2024, 02:47:28 PM
That's a neat looking image. Did you model the road and bridge to fit an existing landscape? Or model the bridge and road first and then modify the landscape to to accommodate the bridge?
Open Discussion / Cliff asset
Last post by sjefen - September 15, 2024, 10:27:49 AM
Any interest for something like this here?
Image Sharing / Mountain Pass
Last post by Gannaingh - September 15, 2024, 02:27:54 AM
I am trying to add modeling to my skill set to augment my growth in Terragen. I have always loved the mountain passes near my home so I figured I would give a try at modeling some highways and vehicles. The highway and vehicles were modeled in Blender. The road surface is an image map, but all other model shading was doe in Terragen. I still need to get more comfortable with UV mapping to improve the realism of the vehicles. Thanks for taking a look!
Last post by Dune - September 15, 2024, 02:13:42 AM
Cool. I did that a few times too, but then in Photoshop with some masks.