Rendering problem

Started by ccb, August 20, 2011, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccb

I have an image with 2 objects, 1000X800, not that large, but can't get it to render.  Reading some of the posts here, I tried making the subdiv cache 200, tried lowering the threads, tried all sorts of changes in rendering settings to no avail.  I have not set it to ray trace, GI detail is default settings, only one cloud layer, so I don't know why it is so hard to do. 

What I end up with is a bright purple tile at the top as soon as I start to render and lots of errors, "Unknown error in a render thread" and "Unknown error in trBucketRender::Render more () ray-traced pass" or "An unknown error occured in TraceRay".  Some of them pop up even before I start to render. Now I have the cache 400, threads 16.  I have 3.25 GB RAM, dual core,  XP 32-bit. 

It is very frustrating as there is no way for me to know what the problem is and although I love TG2, it's many options are a mystery to me, like "Bucket controls" (what does that mean!!). I really don't know where to go from here.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated!  (Hoping against hope that some day there is a big manual printed to use.)

Christina

Kadri

It would be the best to see your TGD project file but i don't think that the problem is directly related to your images.
What format do you use?
I have used images more then 10 times bigger and many of them without problems.
You may have changed some node-s without knowing maybe ! Look at the node connections , Christina.

ccb

I would be so grateful if anyone has time to look at the settings.
Christina
I'm not sure what you meant by "format".

ccb

Sorry - will be a jpg if it ever gets done!

Kadri

I only get these errors Christina:
[attachthumb=#]

I don't have a render error .
But The TGD you posted here do not have the image and object files Christina.

ccb

Here are the 2 objects and a PrintScreen of the errors.  One of the ones at the top suggested decreasing the subdiv cache which I tried, going to 200, but it made no difference. 

ccb

It says I can't upload obj files.

ccb

And it says I can't upload a ter file because it is too big.

Kadri

If you can , put the obj and image files in a compressed package wit 7z , winzip or winrar and post them here.
If they are too big you can upload them to  www.terragen.org  .
Maybe other users can help too about the error messages. I don't know them.

Did you tried with crop rendering Christina?
Look at the task manager in XP how much memory  TG2 uses...

ccb

I will still have to upload in 2 posts because of the size.  Thank you for your patience!!

ccb

Second zip file.

ccb

I opened an old file that rendered fine and compared the settings.  No real differences.  Sometimes I can render a quick render at 320X200 but sometimes even then I get the errors.  I have tried rendering in small cropped areas and that doesn't work either.

Kadri

I get a STRiq4K.jpg and 2 mtl warnings but i can render without problem.
But i use the 64 bit TG2 version. So there could be differences.
The scene do not look memory heavy. I am curious why you get the warnings!
I think others should look here too. You can try with lower detail and AA settings too Christina.

ccb

I really appreciate your taking the time to check it.  It shouldn't be a problem to render - there's not that much in the scene.  I've tried disabling the objects in case that was the problem - no change.  I can render - sometimes - a small 320X200 Quick Render.