The gorge (final animation on page 2)

Started by Hannes, May 09, 2013, 08:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efflux

The scene is fantastic. Great textures on the cliffs. The only thing that spoils it is the camera movement. It damages the sense of scale because the camera would have to be leaping around a tremendous amount to get that movement. Slower smooth movement would have been better. Otherwise, excellent work.

Oshyan

Actually I think the camera motion very well replicates what you see in wingsuit videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thanks, efflux. Oshyan mentioned what I had in mind. I wanted to have the look of some kind of helmet camera. That's why I created a quite noisy movement when the brave guy is jumping and made it a bit smoother during the flight.

Bjur

~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

inkydigit

I think I nearly pooped half way through this, that was **** close!
:))

Hannes

Bjur

Link, thoughts, settings (why those) and stuff.. -> Animation section pls!  :D
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Oshyan

We liked this animation so much, we rendered it at 1080p in TG3 with the new GISD and 2D motion blur. Thanks to Ranch Computing for the render time (you'll be able to render your TG3 projects there at launch!). Enjoy. :)
http://terragen3.com/terragen-3-in-motion/

- Oshyan

RArcher

That is simply amazing especially the first 3 seconds or so.  Must have watched it a good dozen times.  Superb work Hannes.  Would love to see that at an IMAX or with 3d glasses  ;D

TheBadger

Fantastic.

Oshyan, would it be possible to see the two animations side by side in one video, synchronised and playing simultaneously?! In order to see the differences you point out in T3 page, but with the animation.
I for one remain stunned by the difference. And would love to be able to hit the replay button for an hour while I try to pick out all the differences in effect.

It will help me to endure this agonizing wait ;D And Im sure you can think of a better reason to do it than that ;)

Heck, if your busy, send me a zip of the two and Ill AE them into one comp for you, and send it back for you to post!
It has been eaten.

Dune

Superb animation and extremely well rendered. No popping of whatever, smooth, watched it over and over again. Congratulations Hannes and Planetside, nice job!

Oshyan

Badger, the previous animation was rendered at much lower resolution and detail, so it would be really hard to compare properly. But you can extrapolate from the various TG3 GISD images that have been shown so far.

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Ah thanks Oshyan. My mistake. I was thinking in terms of 1080, and not internal detail and quality.  :o Doh! I should have remembered that  final image size, does not mean high quality.

Well thats what you and Hannes get for making nice things. If you don't want your users and viewers saying silly things, than stop dumbfounding us with beautiful work! >:(

And that goes for the rest of you guys too! Start making more crap so I can feel better about my self!

Just in case>  ;)
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Hi guys! Just wanted to say thank you to Oshyan, the rest of the crew and The Ranch to render my animation in Full HD. I'm so glad you like it. Rendering the animation in this high resolution would have never been possible for me!