Liquid and collision detection :) test in TG3 (updated with the scene file)

Started by Kadri, March 01, 2014, 09:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

While making some tests for Michael i thought about this.
I wasn't sure how it might look in TG3.

After some tests i wanted to try a collision detection (!) kinda scene in TG3. So i placed a cube in the scene.

There are some errors and it could be improved of course but as i don't want to use it for now i think this is enough for today.
All in TG3 .No image maps etc.

[attachimg=1]

Edit: The file is below.

zaxxon

I did not know that TG could do that. Very, very interesting. I hope that the 'how' will be discussed at some point. Can this technique be modified to simulate small streams and cascades? Some pretty exciting possibilities to ponder if that's the case. Truly eye-opening Kadri, thanks for sharing the test and post.

gregtee

Interesting.  I could see a lot of other uses for this too.
Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

Kadri

Thanks guys!
This could be done in old Terragen 2 too. It is precise displacement animation with animated masking basically.

Like Ulco's rivers for example."Can this technique be modified to simulate small streams and cascades? ".
I don't remember how he made them but probably something similar Zaxxon.

If you can get a shape for an image you can animate it too.
It is getting the timing and numbers right. Just takes a little more effort .
Would be nice if we could get this easier.
Blender fluids with it's export functions might be better suited (for example).
I actually just wanted to see if i can get something lookalike or not.

I wanted a statue and sand dripping over it too but i have not much time these days.

My nephew Burak Özel died last week .He was only 32 years old.
He was a motocross champion.
He took his own life unfortunately.

I used Terragen like a therapy in these 2-3 days.

Anyway, i think you know what i mean.

gregtee

Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

Kadri

Thank you Greg! Strange i did not want to write here but it came out from itself.

yossam

Sometimes we need to talk...........whether we realize it or not. I lost my wife when my son was about 3 years old......he will soon be 22.

Sorry for your loss.............it will get better, it just takes time.

Kadri

Thanks !
Sorry for your loss too Yossam!
How is your son now? That must have been hard for you and your son.

We talked so much all of us together in our family .
The worst part is not on us. His father , mother and brothers are devastated .
Then there comes a time you spend all your sadness, there is only so much you can cry .
After that normal life begins ones more.
And that hurts too. It feels like forgetting.
But as you said it takes just time.

yossam

I raised my son basically by myself..........his grandmother would watch him when I had to work. He turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. He still asks questions about his mother sometimes............he kinda feels like he never got a chance to know her. The pain will diminish with time, but the memories never will.

Kadri

Quote from: yossam on March 01, 2014, 02:33:21 PM
I raised my son basically by myself..........his grandmother would watch him when I had to work. He turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. He still asks questions about his mother sometimes............he kinda feels like he never got a chance to know her. The pain will diminish with time, but the memories never will.

Sad but sweet too!I know what you mean Yossam!

TheBadger

Sorry too for the sad news. Life is a box of shit sometimes.  :-[ I know it too.

But on a happy node, this render test is freaking cool!

Quotebut as i don't want to use it for now i think this is enough for today.

NO! Please do something with it. Its worth it on its own! This is new!
It has been eaten.

Kadri

Quote from: TheBadger on March 01, 2014, 05:40:48 PM
Sorry too for the sad news. Life is a box of shit sometimes.  :-[ I know it too.

Thanks! Sorry to hear that Michael! If you want write about it.

Regarding the animation if i can find a place to fit it why not of course .
The statue with dripping sand over it was my first thought and this a test for that actually.
Maybe later Michael.

Dune

I'm sorry for your loss too, Kadri. So young... The worst feelings will last a (long) while, but you never completely get over it. A youth friend of mine (not even a relative) committed suicide (because he couldn't get over the sudden loss of his rather young mother). This was 30 odd years ago, but sometimes I think of him and get sad again, and it's not even close.

On the experiment; I might figure out how you did this (warping, a cube, 2+ simple shapes, some displ. of course), but I find it very clever. Respect!