"Last lights" short animation project (finished movie in page 17)

Started by Kadri, September 17, 2014, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

The above link is a Onedrive link. It is already heavily compressed.
I suggest downloading instead of watching it there directly.

The colliding moons were made in Lightwave and a little post in Hitfilm but mostly Lightwave.
I wanted to make kind of that scene since years.

DocCharly65

Wow, really not bad.
At the beginning I was waiting but they were only sailing but some seconds later... nice!
I am still most impressed of the impact!

Kadri

The impact is one of the things i like too that i made in these 2 years :)

The aliens weren't there first. After i made the scene the composition looked a little too empty on that side.
Couldn't think of another proper thing to add fastly, so i added those aliens.

Dune

Very cool, Kadri. Your planet colission reminds me of my own experiment: https://vimeo.com/25545212 (but without the shattering). The flying dragons are ecquisite.

Kadri

Thanks Ulco. Not much science fiction from you around mostly. Nice :)

DocCharly65

Kadri

If i had time i would have really rendered the lower Terragen part.
But for this scene i used this basic image projection method with the Terragen rendered image.

DocCharly65

Heard about but never tried Lightwave... and many other "helpful tools"  ;)

One point I am a bit sad about is that I came so late to 3D animation as a hobby. And now because of my "little" project there's just not enough time to learn all the things I'd like to know.

Dune

That's a big problem indeed, time. If you delve into one app and it suits you, the less time you can devote to other apps. Lightwave rendering is something I never tried either, just use it to build stuff. That's what teams are handy for  ;) One knows this app, the other that one...

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 29, 2016, 04:03:34 AM
One point I am a bit sad about is that I came so late to 3D animation as a hobby. And now because of my "little" project there's just not enough time to learn all the things I'd like to know.

Actually i think one of the best ways to learning a program is by making a project.
In the past i tried to learn everything i saw around. It was just learning without doing anything.
Not the best way. For me at least.

j meyer

Cool impact(s). :)
Keep it up guys.

Kadri

When you are rendering the same scene on 2 computers render the odd numbered frames on one and the even numbered frames on the other...
Being aware after 1 day of rendering that you rendered the even numbered frames on 2 computers all along is not funny...

Duh! I am getting old  :o  ;D

DocCharly65