Constable's Haywain ~ WIP

Started by cyphyr, October 08, 2007, 03:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

This is definitely coming together, I am not sure I would have the staying power to stick with something this long. ;)

Does your Cunning plan involve turnips by any chance?

QuoteDo you remember a Music instrument shop in the High Street called "Jail House Rock", had my first job there running the studios up stairs, ahh good times

I don't remember Jail House Rock, I guess that it was before my time.  When I started getting interested in records and music I was going to Readings at The Junction
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

cyphyr

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been very distracted over the last week. House full of druids, don't ask lol.
I've pretty much finished all the models and optimise's them as much as possible, really makes a difference. With the high resolution models and textures in the scene I couldn't get it to finish rendering but once they're optimized and the textures have been reduced in size its rendering a lot faster. Going to take a break from the modeling side for a while and have a go at the sky next. I'm thinking of doing two versions, one a bit like Constables and an evening sunset shot but all this will take a while as I still have to get rid of my druid infestation!
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mahnmut

I´d really like to ask, but you told us not to.
So I´m not asking.

BTW, that project is really fascinating!
I wish I knew how to make 3d-objects.
Next thing to learn.
Best regards,
Jan

cyphyr

Heres a little update on the sunset theme. The resolution is low only 0.3 detail and 3 AA but I just cant get the time to do long renders at the moment. Should settle down next week.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

dhavalmistry

this couldnt get any better....very nicely done!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

arisdemos

Hello Richard:

Enjoyed watching your progress on this splendid project, and your latest pic has a beautiful backlite atmosphere. I am also doing a scene that requires using the poser horse object imported into a TG2 water surface.  Could you perhaps briefly explain what you used software wise and export/import procedures to create your horse tgo. I am using LightWave and am having extreme difficulty with the millineum/Poser horse figure not importing at all well to that application.

Arisdemos-

old_blaggard

This looks fantastic!  Nice job :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

cyphyr

Thanks for the comments guys.

I don't really know why the horse would not export properly for you but I'll describe my process to you. Theres nothing particularly esoteric with it so if your still having problems you might have a corrupted source in some way.

The Poser horse Imported fine into LW for me as an OBJ (un-checked "ground" on export). Since Terragen doesn't support transparency yet I don't need the trans mapped polygons Poser uses for Main and Tail and Feathers so I deleted them. I also got rid of all the textures that were not going to be rendered, inner mouth, teeth etc. This only left a few textures which all UV mapped properly. I made sure I had all the textures from the Poser Textures folder copied over in to my project folder and also made sure they were all set up properly in LW's texture editor (F5). Then the object was saved out as a LW object and opened up in Poserray. Then the object was saved out from Poserray as an OBJ and imported into Terragen. Job done.
One thing to note is to avoid spaces in your texture file names, seems to cure some ills.

Look forward to seeing your image.

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

otakar

Fascinating thread and amazing results so far. One of the hardest things is coming back to a scene over and over again. After a few high quality renders I usually move on because I lack the patience...

Objects make your scene come alive, so glad TG2 is out :)

cyphyr

Your right it has been a slog coming back to this day in day out but I think I have gone as far as I can for now, I'm sorry to say I'll have to stop till TG's memory management has improved. I can render the whole scene at 800x600 .3 detail, 3AA but no higher, I can render small tiled sections at a decent resolutions (whole image 1200x800 .8 detail 8AA, tile at about 400x240) but when stitched together there are major colour intensity matching issues across the tiles. I'll come back to this later, all I got to do is hit the render button. ;)
Shame as I was realy looking forward to exploring some other old masters work.
Richard :(
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

arisdemos

Thanks for the information Richard. I noticed you used what seems to be the charger horse model, and so I will do an experimental run at exporting/importing that paricular model per your description. I will post my image as soon as I can insert the subject livestock. Good luck on your memory/render issues.

Arisdemos-

otakar

I am curious, why would color intensity vary when rendering cropped portions of a scene? Isn't that determined globally?

Kevin F

Quote from: cyphyr on October 24, 2007, 06:55:32 PM
Heres a little update on the sunset theme. The resolution is low only 0.3 detail and 3 AA but I just cant get the time to do long renders at the moment. Should settle down next week.
Richard

Richard, How's this project going? Not heard anything for a while now.

rcallicotte

I love this and it reminds me of Vue...but, I'm going to stand out from the crowd (watch those tomatoes) and say that I think the foreground shouldn't have so much contrast and it seems empty to me.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?