Obj node attached to unrelated parts shader

Started by Asterlil, January 30, 2020, 06:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Please keep this file!!!!!!
Even if it's all accidentally, there has to be a way to extract a way to group objects. If it works in your file, why not in others?
Man, I'm really excited !!!! ;D ;D ;D

WAS

Quote from: cyphyr on January 31, 2020, 05:35:00 PMCould you share a stripped down tgd, we can easily replace with proxy objects,
It woulb be facinating to get to the bottom of this.

by the way if you open up the tgd file in note pad or similar and do a search for "None" you should be able to delete the offending node.
I agree with Cyphyr. While this may technically be an exploit, a "parent" object could be used for object grouping if we can diagnose the reason. Though does it really preview and render right? I'd imagine with naming confliction, parts may not call right. Huh

Asterlil

The kayak and motorboat tgo files zipped down to 13 MB each; I'm assuming that you need the objects in order to properly use the tgd file in which I placed them? The tgd itself I stripped to the bone except for a couple of surface shaders and the two boats.

But the boats themselves exceed the upload limit.  :-[ Please advise.

I fixed the problem, incidentally -- finally scrubbed the blender file clean, exported the obj, put it through PoseRay, imported it into the TG file, and imported something else after it with no accidental grouping. That was kayak5; kayak3 is the troublemaker, and is the one I zipped.

Dune

Upload it to some dropbox, if not here, possibly. Or edit in Poseray, so all heavy stuff is off that kayak, just leaving the important bits.
It seems to be working like the parenting in DAZ too, where you parent an imported object, say to a horse's head and it moves along with it. Would be cool if this can be stripped down to a working solution, just adding a zero object in Poseray or whatever and linking an imported second object to it ::)

Asterlil

See if this will work for you. I created a shared dropbox last night with what I hope are all the relevant files, but my pathetic public wi-fi wouldn't let me create a link until this morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m4gsneex3foisiw/AAAY6lWlm5lhUeHjbbZh1ge-a?dl=0

[moderator: fixed link]

Hannes

Thanks, but that link doesn't seem to work. If I click directly on it, nothing happens, and copying the link and pasting it leads me to Google.

Kadri

I had the same problem. I first highlighted it and then after copying and pasting into the address bar it worked.

WAS

He accidentally wrote in the URL tag for the actual URL, but the title of the URL was left as the actual link. Oops. :P

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m4gsneex3foisiw/AAAY6lWlm5lhUeHjbbZh1ge-a?dl=0

Hannes

Ah cool! Thanks. Downloaded it, and will test asap!!

Tangled-Universe

He? Be gentle to the very few women here :)

Asterlil

At my age, I wasn't going to make an issue of it. ;D We're all just entities here!

Sorry about the messed-up link. I didn't test it. The wifi was so bad earlier this morning that I was grateful to be able to post it at all.

WAS

Quote from: Asterlil on February 01, 2020, 02:17:50 PMWe're all just entities here!

Sorry about that, good note to know.

Yep, usernames do that. Gender icon is useless at my resolution. Just a gray blob. Lol Could be coloured.

Hannes

Oh boy!  ;D ;D ;D

Honestly, I wasn't aware we have gender signs here. Just didn't see it. 
However, my "Man" wasn't meant for someone particular. 
Maybe a bit like "holy cow!"

...and I don't think we have religous livestock here...  ;)

Tangled-Universe