On vacation

Started by Hannes, February 03, 2020, 11:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Yeah, cool. But (yes, it's me again) some remarks; some of the distant rock outcrops are a bit too much (laterally), and I would soften the clouds, they look a bit artificial. But the light is wonderful.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on February 06, 2020, 05:46:26 AMsome of the distant rock outcrops are a bit too much (laterally)
Thanks a lot, Ulco! Which outcrops do you mean?

Hannes

I didn't touch the terrain. I'm quite happy with it, but I softened the clouds by reducing the edge sharpness. In the previous version the fog had a slightly blueish tint. I made it neutral for this version and also tinted the clouds a tiny little bit orange to get a warmer look.

Dune

This is great! Clouds are way better now. Now for the outcrops, check this. With a simple shape mask you can easily get them out I think (if you want, of course ;) ).

Hannes

This one is for you, Ulco! ;)

Matt

I had not changed the lock screen on my phone since 2009. But today I did! Thank you Hannes :)

IMG_3400.jpg
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Thanks Hannes, looks terrific. You gave me an idea there, Matt. I have to see how to import a screen to my phone. Using one of my own, though :P

WAS

Quote from: Matt on February 07, 2020, 09:42:52 PMI had not changed the lock screen on my phone since 2009. But today I did! Thank you Hannes :)

IMG_3400.jpg

That makes a nice focal for a portrait crop.

This is a fun scene. I like the lighting a lot with the vegetation.

Feel the greens may be too strong in the trees but may just be me.

Hannes

Thanks a lot, guys! You make me happy!! ;) :)

Tangled-Universe

Hi Hannes, knowing you there are usually more iterations of your work and also this one progressed from really good to really great.
The only minor critique I may have is that the overall colour palette is somewhat uniform.
Very cool scene layout and composition. Very atmospheric as well and I like the greens better in this latest version.

cocateho26

This is great. Wonderful mood, great composition and details. Well done, sir! Not even sure which version I like best as they are all great in different ways.