castellum

Started by Dune, December 29, 2019, 05:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j meyer

Nicely done.
But, of course, a little nitpicking: the belt area on the backside should be moved
slightly inward, unless Picard's brother has some physical problems.
And there is some weird geometry on the horse with the rider just where the front legs
meet the chest. Most likely caused by posing. Only an issue for close ups, though.

Dune

Yeah, noticed both those things. In a later version I added a moothing modifier (never knew that was possible in DAZ, but found by accident), and the leg-rump section is better in that one.
These things take up an awful lot of time, and my DAZ folders are a mess, never can find what I need with all the extra's probably copied to the wrong folders. I am nearly inclined to ditch the whole lot and reinstall all. Had a bad day yesterday anyway, nearly lost a lot of work when accidently ditching whole sections when doing a backup >:(

Dune

Some new stuff.

DocCharly65

Nice development!
I like that dynamic look of the horse in movement!
Great!

Dune

It's getting nicer as I put more stuff into it. Far more than client needs, but what the heck. Some changes need to be made though. Here's one of the recent tests. Fast too; 25mins in PT.

Hannes

Superb! Really fantastic characters and very convincing roman environment.

j meyer

It's coming together nicely.
Just out of curiosity,what kind of material are the grey shingles?
Weathered wood I'd guess.

Dune

Yes, greyed wood shingles. I mixed in some moss on northern angles.

j meyer

:) Learned something new about romans.

DocCharly65

Great! Convincing roman environment!

Only a little nitpicking because of the POV: On the right side I needed some seconds until I understood that what I saw in reality are the roofs of the houses (instead I saw it as strange walls at first)
Perhaps a little different view angle and a slightly different roof colors?

Dune

Finished this project, now just wait what renders they need from the setup. Here's a few more lowres samples.

Hannes

Superb, and full of details. I love those images, where you can dive in and explore all the things for some time.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on February 21, 2020, 02:17:01 AMSuperb, and full of details. I love those images, where you can dive in and explore all the things for some time.
I agree in every single point! :) Great!