Fun Stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, March 27, 2020, 07:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Extrude, scale. rotate if necessary...the new Blender 2.82  Made from a tutorial about same.

They are out and about to see what they can see....

TG  3starships2.jpg

luvsmuzik

They are multiplying.... :) 

starships galaxy2b.jpg

WAS

Cool ships! You made them in Blender? That's rad. I need to sit down with it one of these days.

luvsmuzik

Thanks WAS......like you, I have some sort of ADD, ADHD, claustrophobia, dyslexia.....or just one stubborn brain. This is all self diagnosed for me as I am smart enough to hide whatever it is for most of my life; but I know it is there lurking....haha. I finally just said, "ok some things are gonna just take longer." But I am glad to know, it ain't just me when it comes to Blender and TG. :)

Now....how do I put night vision goggles on TG? In the movies....night scenes are all bright and pretty, ships sparkle in the sky, clear as a bell. I tried spot lights....ugh. maybe a weak sun with no shadows? Any hints?

starships galaxy.jpg

DocCharly65

The last one remembers me to the early X-files ;)
I'd personally try to play around with Bloom- and Starburst filter and leave the rest as it is.
Maybe you need higher luminosity for that.
And it's a petty that there's no particle animation effect in TG so far. That would be sooooo coool :)

Dune

Yes, you could add a high, weak sun with no shadow, or use ambient occlusion instead of default GI, or increase exposure in camera (try 5 and then decrease again if too much).

luvsmuzik

Rocket science.... ;D  My hangar rather looks like a musical amp or something...
WIPs .....

rocket science.jpg

starships galaxy6B.jpg

WAS

Blender has so many macro things and tabbed away things I always forget.

I wonder if you made things "lightly" luminous, and crank surface lighting strength in enviro light you could get close, than just make that gray/green in GIMP/PS.

A very light haze layer with Atmosphere Bloom would probably help too.

luvsmuzik

Thanks WAS....

Trying some changes in IOR and roughness also

Blender render .... a spot and two area lights
xwinggalaxy.jpg

Teragen render.. daylight IOR 6 with roughness 0.3 on the Xwing metals
Xwing_ior6_lg.jpg

masonspappy

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 04, 2020, 09:31:38 PMMy hangar rather looks like a musical amp or something...
Actually, it rather does! Input jacks in the front and equalizer controls on left side.  Wouldn't be surprised if one of the ship pilots screamed "ROCK AND ROLL!!!!"  ;D

Dune

DocCharly65

Quote from: masonspappy on April 05, 2020, 09:57:29 PM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 04, 2020, 09:31:38 PMMy hangar rather looks like a musical amp or something...
Actually, it rather does! Input jacks in the front and equalizer controls on left side.  Wouldn't be surprised if one of the ship pilots screamed "ROCK AND ROLL!!!!"  ;D
;D

luvsmuzik

A wing arm hallway of space base......Made with Blender 2.83

Open to comments on how to soften reflection on metallic in TG render  I have perfect reflection but would rather have a brushed shiny look?  Is this roughness value or IOR?

Blender render uses area lights and emission value on light shader of object, TG render uses light source and luminence value on light shader part of object.

hallway dark is Blender render

hallway with Astra is TG4 render

hallway.jpg

hallway walk.jpg

luvsmuzik

Quote from: masonspappy on April 05, 2020, 09:57:29 PM

Tutorial by Olav3D Blender 2.8  audio sequencer

My next goal is to apply this to the hangar sliders....lol....we shall see ;D

https://youtu.be/DY-2KrJbIsI

preview of audio sequencer
Kesta_Mission Ready.jpg

sboerner

QuoteIs this roughness value or IOR?
Both. You need a high IOR (10) for metallic surfaces plus high roughness for the brushed look. A reflectivity shader may give you more control (if you aren't using one already). Is this path traced?

You're doing some really cool modeling. :)