Fun Stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, March 27, 2020, 07:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

QuoteThe model of helicopter ingenuity, weighing in at 4lbs. not yet found by me.

Looks like this could be a native Blender file.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: sboerner on June 30, 2020, 10:13:32 AM
Quote from: undefinedThe model of helicopter ingenuity, weighing in at 4lbs. not yet found by me.

Looks like this could be a native Blender file.
Yes! Thanks, I also found this one a few days ago after I imported and converted  another file type. Great to have these! Trying to get to them..... ;D

luvsmuzik

Ingenuity weight 4 lbs.  

Author/Origin: Brian Kumanchik, NASA/JPL-Caltech

Relevant Mission: Mars 2020 

OBJ Blender file

INgenuity.jpg

sboerner

Nice! If I might make a small suggestion . . . maybe lower the camera and raise the angle of view to include a bit more sky, then lift up Ingenuity so it is silhouetted against the sky, to show it is truly airborne. Now at first glance – before your eye sorts out the perspective – it looks as though it might be resting on the slope of that distant hill.

Too bad there is no camera blur for objects! It would be nice to show the blades spinning somehow!

Dune

There's a trick for blurred rotors/blades, but you'd have to replace the rotors by a blurred rotor texture on a plane, with a non-reflective glass shader in front of a masked surface shader carrying that texture in TG.

N-drju

Back in business? :) Good for you!

It's been a while since I last watched this thread. Some really nice interplanetary visions in here. Looks very Martian indeed, especially the atmospheric effects.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

More trials with reflective shaders...

Scifi hallways, Blender 2.82
Starships Blender 2.8
Cliffside base Blender

3 light sources in each hallway 3000 strength 
mhaze fake stones clip
terrain, default fractal 119 with some strata and slope limits

PT base cliffside ships3.jpg

hallway
scifi hallway2.jpg

PT and renders at about an hour (mpd 0.6 AA6) with no extra planet or clouds
soft shadows 2 & 18

masonspappy

really like this! Blender and Terragen are wonderful compliments to each other.

luvsmuzik

We shall see if the best laid plans work later today.....stay tuned!    ;D

WAS

Very cool! Reminds me kinda of battlestar galactica ships.

luvsmuzik

Perseverance safely dropped to Jezero, February 18, 2021.

WAS

I think you uploaded a thumbnail by accident? I think I see a rover. :P

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WAS on February 18, 2021, 04:41:50 PMI think you uploaded a thumbnail by accident? I think I see a rover. :P

Thanks, I tried to do this by phone.😝

luvsmuzik

Jezero Crater, Mars
Perseverance Rover and Ingenuity Helicopter  NASA  Brian Kumanchick JPL Caltech
Mars Landing 2/18/21

Safe landing! I want to mask in some rover tire tracks in the seemingly soft surface. Track previews in NASA's released images support theories about moisture content, some having an almost muddy appearance.
This image made with Terragen 4.5 PT, although it is very close to some images released by NASA.

Dune

Cool render! Well... cool :P  Intriguing to find out more now 'we' have landed.