Fun with the crater shader

Started by 3DGuy, December 26, 2006, 07:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2k6

ohh, and 1 more thing. How can you position the craters?

3DGuy

You can move a crater by entering values in for the "Center". The 1st and 3rd values will move it around the terrain. The 2nd option will move vertically which I haven't found a use for...yet.

3DGuy

Mushroom forrest :) random generated inverted craters. After importing I applied a distribution shader and a powerfractal with a displace offset.

oggyb

rcallicotte

Cool!!!  Looks like something in a movie.  I expect to see some munchkins suddenly appear to tell me I don't belong there.  LOL.

Quote from: 3DGuy on January 08, 2007, 05:28:44 PM
Mushroom forrest :) random generated inverted craters. After importing I applied a distribution shader and a powerfractal with a displace offset.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

Thats original!!!... would like to see how you can constrain the bottom of the crater shaders like that
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

John2k6

3DGuy

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on January 08, 2007, 05:39:17 PM
Thats original!!!... would like to see how you can constrain the bottom of the crater shaders like that
I attached a simple example for a single mushroom.

groverwa

thanks to 3DGuy for his mushroom tgd - the attachments show "Strange Flower" jpg and tgd which are a modification of his file - i hope this posying goes through

mike

doneydonydone

can i just say thanks to everyone who has provided tgd files for us to have a look at -- especially 3D guy -- cheers buddy!!

rcallicotte

This is what I've done with the footsteps so far...

Here are footsteps (still need more work, though) behind the mech - http://www.ashundar.com/CPG/displayimage.php?pos=-3684

These shaders will produce six steps.  Haven't figured out how to do more.

mt_sabao

wow, the light and shading on the mech is awsome!
and the node structure is a astectic work of art by itself :D

rcallicotte

Thanks.

I only wish to figure out a better method for more control on the footsteps.  The snow isn't powdery enough, I think, and I'm not sure about the bump maps on the mech.  I need to experiment more.  Maybe some of the lack of detail I expected comes from being in the shadows. 

Quote from: mt_sabao on January 11, 2007, 08:28:07 AM
wow, the light and shading on the mech is awsome!
and the node structure is a astectic work of art by itself :D

AndyWelder

Thank you all who contributed to this thread; learned a lot from it and I'm still having fun with craters (and asteroids/planets, but that's from another thread).

I've attached the key clip file, no other terrain or surface nodes/groups used. Added an extra light source for the glow but that's included.

Just hope the attachments load OK.

Andy
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel