A Brand New Day! --> 2400x1600 update

Started by Tangled-Universe, June 14, 2008, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

lightning

NIce one tu ;)
i love the fog and the lake and background mountains have been superbly textured!!!
however i am not to keen on that bar patch though this could be due to forestry or a land slid which adds to realism i find distracting if i were you i would cover it with either the savanna grass or more trees

Saurav

Tangled-Universe

And for the ones who like: with a TG rendered Z-depth-map applied to it...

Martin

mrwho

very nice. isn't there a thread somewhere that says how to do that?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: mrwho on July 10, 2008, 04:55:11 PM
very nice. isn't there a thread somewhere that says how to do that?

Yes there is, though it is in an image post:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4035.msg43269#msg43269

...and here how it is actually done:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4035.msg43335#msg43335

That node "distance shader 05" adds a black and white gradient to the surface of the model (in this case).
You'll have to apply all the distance shaders (like shown in the link above) with the same settings to each model and also as the last surface layer of your terrain.

I've made a quick and dirty tutorial image :)

Hope this helps!

Tangled-Universe

If you paint all the crap I've pasted inside the original depth-image black you can try it yourself on the first version without DOF I posted yesterday ;)

I forgot to say you can also use spherical projection of the distance instead of Z-depth.

Martin

MacGyver

How did you solve the problems with the 4th release? Are you going to post the high-res version somewhere else?
The DOF seems to be very slight and discreet, I almost didn't notice it; can't evaluate if this image profits from it.
I definitely do like the flowers you added very much :D Immense improvement with the mountains, the shape looks pretty realistic!
Congratulations, I like it ;D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Tangled-Universe

I'll post the high-res version soon.
I'm rendering this now @ 2400x1800 ;D and I'm considering to submit it to 3D World magazine.
Last month's issue had a tiny article about the TP of TG2 so I think it is a good moment to show 3D World a glimpse of TG2's possibilities.
I don't think I'll make a chance, but you'll never know. Maybe they give me a tiny spot with 3x2" picture print ;D
What do you guys think?

Martin

Quote from: MacGyver on July 11, 2008, 12:50:12 PM
How did you solve the problems with the 4th release? Are you going to post the high-res version somewhere else?
The DOF seems to be very slight and discreet, I almost didn't notice it; can't evaluate if this image profits from it.
I definitely do like the flowers you added very much :D Immense improvement with the mountains, the shape looks pretty realistic!
Congratulations, I like it ;D

The problems with the 4th release kinda solved themselves.
Somehow first Matt's suggestions didn't work, don't know why, but somehow it worked perfectly later. Strange.
The populator rotation problem is still a bit unclear, but I'm pretty sure now that it is my model which has mirrored-like structures so it looks almost the same from any angle.

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Seth

zhotfire

Quote from: seth93 on July 17, 2008, 04:16:14 PM
Congratulations for the IOTW ! ;)
A very well deserved honour... fantastic work Martin. All hail! :)

Tangled-Universe

Thank you thank you guys for your support :)

I'll post a link to the 2400x1800 version as soon as it is finished!

Martin

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?