ctrl-C and ctrl-V

Started by rcallicotte, April 14, 2009, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

These keyboard commands no longer seem to work in the latest version.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Zairyn Arsyn

I have noticed this too, but then I tried it from the edit drop down menu and that seemed to work.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

matrix2003

?   Works in Node window OK   ?   (for me) ???
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

PG

Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

It doesn't work when I copy coordinates from one object to another.  The drop-down (right-click) menu works fine, but the keyboard commands break down.  I don't think it's just me.

Oshyan

I don't think that ever worked nor was ever a feature. I'd say you kind of need to have either a special hotkey, or a menu option - after all, how would the software otherwise know that you want to paste coordinates vs. the whole model, or node, or whatever else?

- Oshyan

jo

Hi,

To paste coordinates properly you need to use the popup menus from the buttons with the clipboard icon next to the coord param fields.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

I know this worked before.  I used it all of the time.  ctrl-C to copy and ctrl-V to paste.  How it worked, if Jo didn't know about it is beyond me.  But, it did.  LOL

PG

That works fine for me as well. Have you recently updated to a new service pack or .NET framework?
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

jo

Hi Calico,

Quote from: calico on April 15, 2009, 07:41:45 AM
I know this worked before.  I used it all of the time.  ctrl-C to copy and ctrl-V to paste.  How it worked, if Jo didn't know about it is beyond me.  But, it did.  LOL

Please explain exactly what you are trying to do in as much detail as possible.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

Jo,

This is what I do -

I import a TGO of a <whatever> and place it where I want it. 

I set the coordinates of the XYZ for the imported object.

I import another TGO of <something>.

I copy the X of the first TGO (ctrl-C) and paste this into the X of the second TGO (ctrl-V).

It doesn't paste.

This worked until I updated to the new version of TG2. 

To answer PG - not sure what Microsoft's updates would have to do with the ability to cut and paste in TG2.  Cut and paste works fine in all of my other applications.

neuspadrin

I noticed this too just recently same issue too when I want to copy just one part of the coordinates.

jo

Hi calico,

I'm not sure what's up. The release version is working fine for me on XP and Vista. I take you are using an English version of the OS?

Regards,

Jo

jo

Hi,

For those having problems with this, do you have any other TG2 windows aside from the main one open when you're having trouble?

Regards,

Jo

neuspadrin

Bah this is annoying me now, I can not replicate it... I know for sure it happened to me, but now going and trying to kick it to do it it always copies and pastes.... hmm...