Go render something!

Started by FrankB, May 23, 2009, 05:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PG

Yeah, would be nice if Planetside created a gallery for us to use here. I don't really go to Ashundar now, but that 512kb is crucifying.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

arisdemos

@  Frank, I have to take it easy here because my rather intense imagination's bi products (not buy products) have sometimes been received as (heaven forbid) "Ghastly" or even "scary" by the more faint of heart and fair of face.   

@ folder, who the hell is antidemos? I don't see his name on the members list.

@ Those who are feeling diminished by Luc and his impressive technical command of Terragen deuce, remember like some other local commercially oriented talent he is pretty well locked into creating the better postcard to carry mainly a mighty meager/nonexistent pro bono lessons on a forum section that is touted as mostly "educational."

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: arisdemos on May 28, 2009, 04:36:04 PM
@  Frank, I have to take it easy here because my rather intense imagination's bi products (not buy products) have sometimes been received as (heaven forbid) "Ghastly" or even "scary" by the more faint of heart and fair of face.   

@ Those who are feeling diminished by Luc and his impressive technical command of Terragen deuce, remember like some other local commercially oriented talent he is pretty well locked into creating the better postcard to carry mainly a mighty meager/nonexistent pro bono lessons on a forum section that is touted as mostly "educational."

;D

And now in understandable normal English please ;D lol
(How, what and who are you referring to? I REALLY have no idea what you're talking about, serious)

Mohawk20

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on May 28, 2009, 04:53:04 PM
;D

And now in understandable normal English please ;D lol
(How, what and who are you referring to? I REALLY have no idea what you're talking about, serious)

Dude, are you serious?
What grade did you get for English in school?!  :P

Arisdemos, I could understand you perfectly. I'd like to see some of those scary scenes!
Howgh!

FrankB

Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 29, 2009, 04:49:48 AM
Arisdemos, I could understand you perfectly.

Can you translate then, please? Just in your own words, I think I'll be able to follow these. Arisdemos is a certified poet, as I figured out earlier, and I am not so used to interpreting poetry ;D

Mohawk20

Quote from: FrankB on May 29, 2009, 04:53:52 AM
Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 29, 2009, 04:49:48 AM
Arisdemos, I could understand you perfectly.

Can you translate then, please? Just in your own words, I think I'll be able to follow these. Arisdemos is a certified poet, as I figured out earlier, and I am not so used to interpreting poetry ;D

Really?
Okay then... Here goes:
(Arisdemos, feel free to ignore these two illiterate barbarians  ;) )

He doesn't post a lot of images, because he tends to add stuff that scares people or they find Ghastly (which could mean either scary or ugly, please clarify).

I assume this is a bit of a joke about a past misspelled reference to him...

If you are feeling too small in comparison to Luc Bianco, keep in mind he is forced to get a bit of money by making great postcards, and share his work on these forums for free.

So, translating is a bit harder than understanding, and I might not have chosen the right words at some points, but this is as I understand it...
Howgh!

FrankB

Mohawk20

Quote from: FrankB on May 29, 2009, 05:08:35 AM
Thanks. Howgh!  :)

Ugh, Doubletonge speak in riddle. Mohawk read his meaning in the stars. Mohawk tell you secret words of Doubletongue.
Now we smoke peace pipe and bury tomahawk. Howgh!
;D
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

Thanks RJ, the first 2 weren't hard for me of course but the latter sounded like absolute arab to me.
I'd like to send you some copies of my latest researches I've worked on, let's see if your english is really that good ;) It all depends on what you're used to :) I'm not used to poetry like or "streetlanguage"-like english.
I always prefer clear straight-forward language in an international place like these forums where people have different levels of the English language.

I like communication in our Dutch way and especially the "Rotterdam way"...straight forward, direct, clear and no nonsense. Like saying somebody's English just sucks ;)

arisdemos

Ok TU because I think your a regular sort of fellow, I will give it a try in that Rotterdam vernacular, or as close to it as someone with "sucky" Englaise can come.

Frank's subject was sort of like, why don't you bastards on this forum do more posting?  My answere @ him was that certain stuff I posted in the past (in the LOTR contest for example) has not set too well with certain people  on this forum. I am referring to those very "stright arrow" types who never seem to venture far from their cozy safe little emotional comfort zones. Many folks here seem to want the ultimate graphic reality attainable, but if a picture can really be worth that proverbial thousand words then certain sheltered souls seem to want the image creator to be very very careful that the pictures shared not actually speak of any really "disturbing" realities.

For the second statement @ folder, Mohawk has pretty well hit the mark.

The last little message that was @ "Those who feel diminished by old Luc" was not translated very well by Mohawk, because what I was saying is that Luc makes some of the best postcards around, but he is obviously so commercially focused that he really does not wish to teach the less wealthy rank and file membership of this forum much of his technical skills. This is another case of one's pictures speaking a "thousand words."

Ta ta

FrankB

OK, thanks :)

Let's settle this for now. It's always useful to learn more "languages" ;D
I only speak 2 and a half (german, english, french) and can understand some dutch and (tiny) bits of spanish, so that's probably not a lot. I've added bits of "poetic" today, isn't that something? ;D

Cheers,
Frank

Zylot

I agree that the most feedback is generated from images trying to be "realistic" but that's because it's what we have the most basis of comparison to.

WorldXYZ with a yellow sky and purple grass can be good looking, but we can't really say "this looks wrong or would look better like this" because I don't know exactly how WorldXYZ should look in the first place ;)

Seth

Last renders from wetbanana (for example) are real good , but i think people should try more and more sci-fi render as they did with TG0.9, with purple skies, incredible water and wicked terrains...
and believe me, if they'll do that again, i think we'll have more feedback on sci-fi stuff ^^
oh, and i think it will be a good way to understand some stuff from TG2 too... trying to be like the real world is fun but trying to make something alien-looking but looking real is a good exercise too ;)

folder

Arisdemos

Sorry it was you I was referring to the clip file from volkers tdg file I went into the internal part and studied it   I simly at 53 (26 may) have forgot how to spell

;D
folder