starship troopers

Started by Jack, January 10, 2010, 07:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

Hi Frank,

Quote from: FrankB on January 12, 2010, 08:58:40 AM
that's true. for example, it was really boring most of the time. It surely captured the to-be-expected silence in space well, but boy....

That is so true. I think it's an awful movie. I've watched it through once a few years back and have tried to again, as recently as a month or so ago, and never have I been able to watch it all the way through.

It has brief moments of design inspiration, but I think the movie as a movie is terrible.

On the other hand, it's many years ago when I watched 2001 once, maybe I will see this differently nowadays. :)

As time goes by it gets worse and worse.

There is a sequel, 2010 - The Year We Make Contact. That's even worse again ;-).

Regards,

Jo

FrankB

Quote from: jo on January 19, 2010, 10:22:48 PM
That is so true. I think it's an awful movie. ..

Oh thanks Jo, I'm not the only one apparently :)

What I understand is that there are two kinds of audiences for movie, in general.
One audience is looking for meaning, philosophy and drama.
The other one is looking for entertainment, fun and action.
Both can stand or even like a little bit of the other part in their favourite movies, but not too much.

I think I tend to the second species. At least when I recall the lastest movies I saw (avatar, star trek, body of lies, terminator, ...)
I saw Slum Dog Millionaire, too. That's more for the first audience than for the second, but it was an amazig film nonetheless. I couldn't watch a series of this type of movies one after another, but I could for the second type :)

The worst movie I saw in years was "burn after reading" ... ooohh, what a stupid movie, and not funny in the least.

Cheers,
Frank

penang

Quote from: njeneb on January 10, 2010, 07:58:01 PMSomeone inserted Picard having a Data headache into the the Starship Troopers movie? That's funny! LOL
That is called "facepalm".