Rock study

Started by Kadri, August 23, 2015, 09:00:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 03, 2017, 02:00:01 am
It's kind of mesmerizing.

indeed, that's the word I was missing...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

I see the works of a master awesomely .....
Fractal, surreal, abstract, the main thing is not everyday like the bread roll with liver cheese from the sausage stand around the corner, although it is of course great that there are sausage stands without which the social bustle would come to a standstill ;)

Kadri

September 06, 2017, 07:39:12 pm #168 Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:05:12 pm by Kadri
Thanks all.

Still working on it. I had a problem with texturing.
Nothing works as i like. Maybe my fault or a bug because of the specific use and-or diplacements etc.
So i exported the wall and imported as an object again (the image is without a texture).

luvsmuzik

I have not researched this yet, but has anyone come up with the nodes for cedar type shingles? This is what I am thinking when I look at this latest test. Awesome by the way!

DannyG

Nice work on this kadri

Kadri

September 21, 2017, 12:16:00 am #171 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:50:13 am by Kadri

Wanted to see how the last wall would animate. No postwork except a little contrast.
I think this is the last one from this rock test phase.
Now up to make some images from these tests.

It is a 1 mb GIF file and one example from the first and last image

Dune

Kadri

September 21, 2017, 11:00:10 am #173 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:24:36 am by Kadri

Thanks.

This just finished. One is still rendering.

It is a 3 mb GIF file.

Dune

Pretty weird effect. What will you use this for?

bobbystahr

Agree w/Ulco....tres weird effect.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Indeed weird. But cool...

Kadri

September 21, 2017, 09:35:13 pm #177 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:14:18 pm by Kadri

:)

I have nothing particular in my mind for now.
When i saw many different rock formations lately while searching i was just curious how an animation would look like with that settings.

I came across this link and then googled for the names that i found there. Be careful it is a huge time trap :)
http://www.ranker.com/list/a-guide-to-the-geological-formations-around-you/analise.dubner

Stopped the last renders. The renders didn't look interesting in motion. That's all for now.

Dune

Interesting, saved it as pdf.

bobbystahr

Brilliant resource. I bookmarked it as I can always view it on this box whilst I work on the workstation 90 degrees counter clock wise.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New