Fractal procedural erosion shader public beta

Started by Daniil, November 15, 2015, 01:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Maybe a incompatibility between earlier versions and latest?

Daniil

Quote from: WASasquatch on January 04, 2016, 03:43:07 PM
What does this mean? Did I miss a update? I get this with certain files from people
I have http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20752.0;attach=61712 installed, is that the current?

In earlier versions (before public beta) there were parameters called like these. In later versions they were renamed to "flow_map_A_octaves" and "flow_map_B_octaves". It seems .tgd-files that you have were created using earlier versions.

Daniil.

WAS

AP

Can we expect any more updates or is it to soon to inquire?

Daniil

Quote from: Chris on February 18, 2016, 05:46:36 PM
Sorry, I read forum not very often in recent times.
I have no any new version in development yet. I am experimenting with other shader now.

Daniil.

AP

Quote from: blinkfrog on February 24, 2016, 01:33:16 PM
Quote from: Chris on February 18, 2016, 05:46:36 PM
Sorry, I read forum not very often in recent times.
I have no any new version in development yet. I am experimenting with other shader now.

Daniil.

Alright, thank you for replying.
If you have some time, perhaps show off your new shader here when you are ready, your experiments.   

Daniil

Quote from: Chris on February 24, 2016, 06:19:11 PM
If you have some time, perhaps show off your new shader here when you are ready, your experiments.
Well, this is just another procedural erosion attempt. I'll tell about it later.

Daniil.

AP

Alright, all the same, it sounds neat.   

ajcgi

Quote from: blinkfrog on November 15, 2015, 01:49:40 PM
Currently shader doesn't process truly infinite area, as one can expect from procedural algorithm. Actually it handles the square area of size approx. (1000 * Erosion scale)^2 (1000 km * 1000 km for default settings) centered at (0, 0). The support of much bigger sizes is planned in the future.

I'm doing something at work where a larger size could be really good. Would it be an easy thing for you to make a version supporting a larger size?

Daniil

Quote from: ajcgi on May 12, 2016, 11:07:05 AM
I'm doing something at work where a larger size could be really good. Would it be an easy thing for you to make a version supporting a larger size?
Larger sizes are scheduled for implementing in my new erosion shader. Possibly I'll add this functionality in this shader too.

bobbystahr

Boo Hoo, it won't load into TG_BETA ..Guess we'll have to wait for a new SDK to be issued before a re write happens? Was hoping to take advantage of the increased render speed...sigh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

No surprise there. That makes sense. We just have to be patient. I am eager to use it again for Terragen 4.

Jo Kariboo

Do you plan to perform a version for mac soon. Your application appears to give very interesting results.

Dune

Everybody reading this thread; you know it still does work in TG4. Just copy the .tgp into the new plugins folder.

AP

I just found this out after I posted here. It is great that it works in Terragen 4. I was eager to have erosion again.