Airwolf will come!

Started by DocCharly65, May 22, 2019, 06:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Thanks Oshyan, I'll try that, too.
A the moment just for test I render the animation in steps of 10 frames with my 512px buckets...

So far no police ringing my doorbell, I hear no alarm siren in the town and the street lights keep working  ::) ;D
Besides I don't have rendertime changes so far and my PC RAM isn't as close at the 16 gb limit (the smaller PC) as before with 256px buckets.
Before the memory was @ 98% usage - now 89%

Can what you suggested also help against the problem with popping shadows? I guess the canyon with it's complexity is predestinated for problems like this?

Oshyan

Not sure about popping shadows, it depends on where they're coming from. But given that you are getting geometry flickering in and out of renders, the shadow issues could be due to similar problems (displacement tolerance).

How many cores/threads are you using for rendering? Is your CPU use still near 100% with the 256px buckets? And did you uncheck "auto-reduce"?

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

The resource monitor says 28 threads, 8 cores and yes auto-reduce off. CPU usage decreased to 80% now what sounds logic because each frame has less buckets to render now at the same time. I fear that is less effective.

...uups!

ok - now I'll test your suggestion - my experiment just moved the problem again. This time from frame 61 to frame 71...

Ok... test is running - I'll look tomorrow in the morning and give you info if the problem is solved.
37 threads, and 100% CPU now again...

Oshyan

Yes, exactly, that's the thing with increasing bucket size: fewer buckets rendering simultaneously, especially on high core machines (which it sounds like you have :D).

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

The test results looked good this morning (no missing parts) so I restarted the anim render. That means waiting and watch out for mistakes ... I hope there don't appear further errors... cross your fingers! :)

Oshyan

Fingers crossed! :D

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

Oh thanks, Oshyan - in this case, thank you for support and fingers crossing, and a little "reward": here is an omitted scene - or a scene that will appear absolute differently in the finished movie ;)

Oshyan

Hah! Fantastic. :)

- Oshyan

Dune

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

WAS

Haha! That was awesome! Super cute. I love Wile E Coyote. My grandfather made him "real" for me. He always had stories of what Wile E Coyote was up too out in the south. Spotting him on his drives up to see us. Magical memories.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Oshyan on July 08, 2019, 02:33:17 PM
Fingers crossed! :D

- Oshyan

äähemm... I assume you only crossed one finger not both - right? ;D
Unfortunately on one side the test renders were ok (10 frames steps) during the render the "critical frame61" was ok too, but then the frame 62 had that problem...  ::)
I had to increase Displacement Tolerance up to 3 until the problem was fixed but now it seems to be solved completely! :)

Another big fortune is that changing Displacement Tolerance didn't have any effects on the general appearance or color or brightness changes. The animation could be seamlessly re-rendered without repetition of the first 61 frames. :)

The Helicopter start sequence was at frame 746 of 1000 this morning... It is finally an end foreseeable!

Some new little additions in my pipeline:

Does someone know who from this forum could have been this Graffiti artist??? I can't read it exactly...  something with   "..co was here"
[attachimg=1]

... only a little tribute ;)

This is part of two planned animations: Before anyone can fly the heli, first some pilots must arrive.
First part is just for information, that someone is coming.
The second part is intentionally NOT realistic! I want it a bit like some "Hero-scenes" from movies.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvEpmvBUHi6qg402KakAMX6hU7isvA

Rendered frames:
Outside:
[attach=2]

View frominside...  Totally exaggerated glorified arrival ;D :
[attach=3]

[attach=4]

Here the RAW Test in lower quality but via YT in 460p easier to watch:

Oshyan

Hah, the fellow on the left has quite some "macho" (very big) arm swing. But otherwise looks excellent.

- Oshyan

Dune