Blowing - Trees - 1280x720px page 6...

Started by dandelO, April 24, 2011, 11:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Awesome trail blazing DandelO. That redirect tip seems like something worth exploring too.

Kadri

This was lacking in the old TG2 animations . Very nice DandelO !

Matt

When you try the Redirect method (which you should), I would apply it to the whole model, but continue using your existing method for the leaves because it gives each leaf a different direction which is probably more interesting for leaves that are very close together. So for the leaves I would have the existing method followed by a Redirect shader with the overall tree motion. For the trunk, just the Redirect shader with overall tree motion.

Or you can put the Redirect shader after the Parts Shader, so it applies to everything.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

dandelO

Cheers, folks. When I get back to it I'll keep all these suggestions in mind. We'll have a complete weather system before long! :)

Meantime, here's another little video with a small pan and zoom movement and wind over 4 populations. I couldn't render it any bigger or higher. 576x360px, Detail=0.5, AA=3, GI=0, Detail blending=0.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1BScGDO-5E

Cheers for looking! :)

Oshyan

Looks pretty good. Can't wait to see what comes of the whole tree variation...

- Oshyan

reck

This is a very exciting thread to follow, loving the results so far.

Only disappointment! Just wish dandelO had a top of the range sandy bridge computer with loads of ram so we could could see higher quality results and more more more.

Oshyan

This is one of those times where an easy to use distributed rendering network would be very nice. I'm sure there are lots of people here who would gladly contribute compute time to these sort of projects (myself included).

- Oshyan

reck

Quote from: Oshyan on April 27, 2011, 04:16:35 PM
This is one of those times where an easy to use distributed rendering network would be very nice. I'm sure there are lots of people here who would gladly contribute compute time to these sort of projects (myself included).

- Oshyan

Absolutely. I don't have dandelO's knowledge or skill but would gladly give some cpu cycles to help get some results out faster.

I do wish planetside could package up these exciting techniques that people like dandelO (wind) and dune (waves) have created into easy to control and understand gui controls (buttons\sliders) so thicko's like me could use them without having to understand maths nodes.

Dune

I'm pretty sure the guys at Planetside inhale all the stuff that's being done, and use the knowledge to improve TG2. It would indeed be very handy to have it like ready made nodes, as the network is sometimes getting to complicated to understand what I've done myself, if I wouldn't work on it regularly. The future of TG2 will be awesome, no doubt!

Gannaingh

Dang! I'm gone for a could days and dandelO decides to invent the wind ;D Awesome work dude, this is the sort of thing that really will bump up the realism in terragen animations!

Floating.Point

JimB

Bloody Nora!!!!

That's the most impressively awesomely useful much needed thing ever, ever!

Don't you dare stop  ;)
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

freelancah

Very impressive! It looks like you pushing the boundaries once again! *clap*

dandelO

Cheers, folks! :)
Been absent for a wee while, having a little break, only cracked open TG for a quick blast at the Pitlochry image that I added earlier. I'll get back to this windy thing, with a fresh outlook, in a bit. That's usually how it works...

It's far from rocket science, just the TG procedurals that you all have on your desktops as well. Get busy, you lot!

* Reck; If you'd like to aid with my Sandy Bridge fund, I'd be more than grateful. I joke! ;)

Hannes

dandelO, this looks awesome!! Any chances to show us your settings? How do I have to use and place the redirect shader?