All these worlds...

Started by raymoh, February 03, 2019, 03:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Nice sense of scale. I'm sure this is an alien world so my Earth-based assumptions don't count, but given the water and terrain colors, those very yellow beaches do seem a bit odd. Perhaps there is a deep sulfur sediment at the bottom of the entire ocean? :D

- Oshyan

raymoh

Who knows. Perhaps this exomoon is habitable for humans, but not without restrictions... ;)
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

raymoh

For comparison: Version II with less yellowness of the beaches.
[attach=1]
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Oshyan

Yes, for my taste this is better. But of course it is your scene and up to *your* taste! :)

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

raymoh

A little astronomical sci-fi:
A hostile planet orbiting a young red dwarf binary system. The strong X- and UV-radiation is inducing Cherenkov radiation in the strange crystalline mountains.

bobbystahr

Very inventive with the back story...I often feel that's what makes an image; oddly enough...I really like this one!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: raymoh on July 16, 2019, 02:16:19 PM
A little astronomical sci-fi:
A hostile planet orbiting a young red dwarf binary system. The strong X- and UV-radiation is inducing Cherenkov radiation in the strange crystalline mountains.

Cool seeing stuff like this coming from TG again. Nice work.

DocCharly65

Nice idea and nice render. Could you get the crystalline structures a bit more glossy and trancelucent? That would improve the overal view very much I think :)

masonspappy

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 17, 2019, 01:13:09 AM
...Could you get the crystalline structures a bit more glossy and trancelucent? That would improve the overal view very much I think :)

Echo this.  Would really like to see how it turns out.

N-drju

I am here because of the title. And not disappointed. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

raymoh

I'm working on my crystalline mountains.

Meanwhile an older render: An imaginary desert planet with two moons.

Mushroom Desert.png

Oshyan

Cool mushroom formations!

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

Usually I'm not too fond of alien worlds/planets, but if executed nicely like this series it's definitely a joy to watch, great work! I especially like the water world and some of the dense atmosphere ones.